AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my dad has a sar 1... i finally got a chance to finger it over and quickly found that this is NOT sar 1 furniture... the lower handguards are nothing like a sar 1's, and the upper is not the correct color, and definitely is a different type of wood all together. the buttstock i dont think is romanian either, i could be mistaken. its not like any romy stock i have seen. the wood pattern is different. maybe im wrong though. also, the lower handguard has a 28 in a circle stamped on the bottom...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
those HGs are Bulgarian

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i figured on the hand guards, number in circle... even the top piece? it doesnt look like the same type of wood. it has the lines like the russian wood when you look at the part that isnt in the metal thing. i know thats a terrible description. i guess the wood pattern is what i mean.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Upper and lower HG are Bulgy AK-74. The stock looks like early import Romy SAR, maybe refinished.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should i get rid of this furniture set and get him the correct sar set? i dont like 74 stuff on a 47 gun... if i did, what is the 74 stuff worth?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
catsailer40 said:
thats what i figured on the hand guards, number in circle... even the top piece? it doesnt look like the same type of wood. it has the lines like the russian wood when you look at the part that isnt in the metal thing. i know thats a terrible description. i guess the wood pattern is what i mean.
The wood grain in the upper Bulgarian 74 HGs do not match the lowers, the upper HG is laminated, the lower is made from a solid piece of wood.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool. i think im gonna try to convince him to get a real sar handguard set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts