AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have an Arsenal Classic that I put a Polish laminated stock set on that I got from Robert Laukart.....I like it, it looks sharp, but I'm seriously considering putting a set of black synthetic on it.

I use this rifle a lot and I really like the ergonomics of the synthetic, not to mention the heat shield in the handguard.

Anyway, I'm probably going to turn this:

Into this:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I would'nt do it but at least you're keeping it in a Military configuration.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I say go for it. You can always change it back. I know I'd rather the polymer furniture get the abuse (not that you're going to abuse it) than seeing a nice laminate stock set get dinged on my AK.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Practicle is good. Polymer is always a plus on real weapons. :cool:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
If you're going to do that, I will buy your furniture...seriously, just let me know how much.

Bud

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Don't change it man. Buy a second rifle! just kidding. If you do change it you can always go back. Of course if you do go "tactical" you will need to go back to the "other" place. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I have a simple rule: 45 degree gas block = wood, 90 degree gas block = synthetic ...

Your only real answer is to get SA M-7 of some type so you can have both ... :twisted:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BoS, if I decide to sell the stock set you'll get a PM.

I thought about trading someone for a SA-M7 Carbine and a little boot but I doubt if anyone would go for it.

I already have the stock set. I don't have enough money for safe queens, all my rifles get used, and I like to stay as practical as I can and still be "correct".

Anyway, thanks for the input guys. :cool:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hell yes, I'd have alot of stock sets for that bad boy and switch back and forth. The wood I would keep for a prestine finish, but once your finish gets a little worn, I'd wear the poly

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
AK74Guy said:
IEDmagnet said:
Practicle is good. Polymer is always a plus on real weapons. :cool:
+1 I agree. Less to "worry" over. Keep the nice wood and interchange as the mood strikes you.
C'mon now...don't talk him out of selling that wood! :wink:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
but the syn and put it on ...throw the wood back on when your just in that showing mood :grin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
um... i would say...leave the wood.

i am afraid i dont like polymer on AK. its just doesnt seem right in my mind.

but i bet it will be a shard looking rifle either way you go.

Ronald

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like the wood. If it were me I would switch back and forth. But I'm a little partial to the wood since the only fixed stock I have right now is an SLR-105, and its about to go Plum.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Templar,

I'd pick up a no-ban SA M7 Carbine if I were you. They are a great value for the money and shoot very, very well.

I thought about trading someone for a SA-M7 Carbine and a little boot but I doubt if anyone would go for it.
:shock:

Keep the wood and buy another!!! You know it's the only way!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts