AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well 10G, JoeMomma, and myself are having a great time today at the OGCA show in Wilmington. A few bargins including a Chinese AK that Joe and 10G found ( they can provide the details) but the only thing purchased was by Joe who bought the last steak knife to complete his set of Welch's Grape Jelly Glasses/Cool Whip bowl place settings.

Right now we are relaxing poolside providing eye candy for the lovely ladies sunning themselves.

Shoulder Muscle Swimming pool Goggles Brassiere

Cheers
MT 馃嵒

Registered
There's something that happens every show nearly without fail. I'll find something extremely rare and interesting that can only be seen in museums and books, aaaaaaand someone will have a.. lets just say.. a very optimistic view on what their rifle is worth.

Some dude had a GSAD AK with an A2 flash hider squished into place. Not sure if it was pinned or welded but there was no detent pin indicating that it was screwed on properly. JoeMomma heard the guy say "7" and when I went over to the table, I asked if he could do 6.. thought I said hundred. thought he meant hundred.. I start taking out money and he went "Thousand". ....er.. what? " 6 thousand" ... ah.. my bad I misunderstood. Those guys trolled me ha ha.. ..............................holy fucking shit no. It was just the rifle. no mags no ammo.. it was MAYBE a 1500- 2000 gun. It wasnt in rough shape but it was clearly used.

The rare thing that I saw.. well JoeMomma saw first.. was a german revolver and a paratrooper bandolier. I enjoyed chatting with some of the vendors.. well the ones that didn't have astronomical expectations for their guns.. and we ended up having a really nice brunch at Max and Ermas. Reasonably priced at 16 bucks and it was buffet style with someone making omelettes with whatever you wanted on em. also had dessert.

Walked away empty handed but I was kinda expecting that.

Reactions: Miller Tyme

Super Moderator
7k for a pre ban ChiCom Type 56 is a joke, and not even a funny one. NIB Polytech Legend with all the goodies? Possibly, but still high. Prices were all over the place, and ammo was still stupid, and bottom of the barrel in most cases. Saw what I thought was Greek HXP in bandoleers for $30, and it turned out they were empty cases in Garand clips. Nope....

Registered
I can report prices at the Wanenmacher Tulsa show were more sane than last time. Saw "fair" prices on several AKs.
WASR10s seems to be holding at 800
Several preban Norincos from one dealer for 1900
AK74 kit builds for 1800
DesertFox had some very nice AKM builds for 1300 and they were sitting
Still plenty of clowns who want 4 grand for Saigas or 7000 for old Arsenals
I passed on a SAR3 for 800 bone stock with one 10 round mag
What concerns me more was the absence of AR parts, Model1 wanted dumb money and TonysCustoms was the one that had a lot of stuff

Registered
I have a feeling Saturday morning was the time to go for early bird specials. I knew Sunday was going to be 'i dont want to take this back home so lets talk' but we didn't stay until the end. The weather sucked too so it definitely had a drag on the feel of the day.

Weather permitting, January should be a benchmark to see who has the holiday hangovers with credit card statements coming due.

Premium Member
7k for a pre ban ChiCom Type 56 is a joke, and not even a funny one. NIB Polytech Legend with all the goodies? Possibly, but still high. Prices were all over the place, and ammo was still stupid, and bottom of the barrel in most cases. Saw what I thought was Greek HXP in bandoleers for $30, and it turned out they were empty cases in Garand clips. Nope....
I've been selling 240 round cans of Greek HXP FTF lately for $350. People have generally seemed pleased to get it.

Super Moderator
I've been selling 240 round cans of Greek HXP FTF lately for $350. People have generally seemed pleased to get it.
Ouch. That stuff is really good, but did rise in price in the last few years.

Registered
There's something that happens every show nearly without fail. I'll find something extremely rare and interesting that can only be seen in museums and books, aaaaaaand someone will have a.. lets just say.. a very optimistic view on what their rifle is worth.

Some dude had a GSAD AK with an A2 flash hider squished into place. Not sure if it was pinned or welded but there was no detent pin indicating that it was screwed on properly. JoeMomma heard the guy say "7" and when I went over to the table, I asked if he could do 6.. thought I said hundred. thought he meant hundred.. I start taking out money and he went "Thousand". ....er.. what? " 6 thousand" ... ah.. my bad I misunderstood. Those guys trolled me ha ha.. ..............................holy fucking shit no. It was just the rifle. no mags no ammo.. it was MAYBE a 1500- 2000 gun. It wasnt in rough shape but it was clearly used.

The rare thing that I saw.. well JoeMomma saw first.. was a german revolver and a paratrooper bandolier. I enjoyed chatting with some of the vendors.. well the ones that didn't have astronomical expectations for their guns.. and we ended up having a really nice brunch at Max and Ermas. Reasonably priced at 16 bucks and it was buffet style with someone making omelettes with whatever you wanted on em. also had dessert.

Walked away empty handed but I was kinda expecting that.
I think it had a Romanian sling too

Registered
I have a feeling Saturday morning was the time to go for early bird specials. I knew Sunday was going to be 'i dont want to take this back home so lets talk' but we didn't stay until the end. The weather sucked too so it definitely had a drag on the feel of the day.

Weather permitting, January should be a benchmark to see who has the holiday hangovers with credit card statements coming due.
Saturday morning sucked too. I heard Friday night there were a few good deals to be had. Love the OGCA show but it is week as far as AK stuff goes. AK Johnny is usually the main guy selling good AK stuff

Registered
I was invited to this show as a guest for the first time. Not too much caught my eye. I laughed out loud at the guy who wanted $7k for a beat up preban Chinese! 馃槀

Dude next to him had the bulgy 74 parts kit build he offered for $1,400. He was pretty aggressive and rude.

As far as com block weapons go, the Old dudes selling had little knowledge of what they had. I was scolded for pointing out circle 11 was Polish not Bulgarian. I know a lot about a little and that is AK鈥檚. At least 3 times I was told I didn鈥檛 know what I was talking about by a 75 year old who I doubt knew the difference between a stamped or milled receiver.

The most interesting thing I saw was a matching mp40 parts kit with one bandsaw cut on the receiver for $3k and live barrel.

Grandpa died and family turned it into sherif who gave it to his old timer class three dealer friend. I talked to the kid who cut it for his grandfather who owned the booth. He was maybe 25. He said he almost cried.

I was tempted, but three $3k for something that can never legally exist was too much.

I ended up buying a new franklin arms binary trigger for $500 cash. Note, it will not work in a Yugo or an Underfolder. It also will not worth with a milsurp grip. It took two hours and half a dozen aftermarket grips to get it to function and even then you have to get the height in the perfect sweet spot for the bolt not to catch on the hammer. I mag dumped 3 mags, it was fun but I kind of feel dumb for buying it. Very hard to control. I鈥檒l probably sell that off.

I was there Saturday morning, damn I wish I could have met 10 guage!

Super Moderator
The only deal I saw was after the fact. Some guy behind me in line had just paid $500 for a Smith Corona 03A3, and to be fair, I did see several M70 pistols (rigs) for under $400.

Registered
Saturday morning sucked too. I heard Friday night there were a few good deals to be had. Love the OGCA show but it is week as far as AK stuff goes. AK Johnny is usually the main guy selling good AK stuff
last show there i did was a few shows back when i had items stolen off my tables. unlike all other shows ogca was the last show to hold out against theft until a decent m70 wood stock assy. vaporized after a guy balked at 90. price and took it when i turned my back.

had a smaller item stolen same show so now i just go to buy no skin off my back. i hauled out 2 loads i could barely carry in boxes over my shoulder last weekend took me 3 quick laps around the building. fridays dealer set up finds were declining and worse than saturday mornings last few years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts