AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SA85 Hungarian AKM built on a Global reciever.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Looks good. I've heard about this one,good to see it.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was one of Centerfire's select Hungarian SA85 kits,supposedly de-milled from Hungarian Police AKs.I wanted to check out VOWs [Volunteer Ordnance Works] work and since they're just on the other side of town from me,I tried them out with this one.The finish was slightly worn on the kit but in pretty good shape,so I opted to retain the original look.I experimented with various spray and bake finishes,for the reciever paint,and settled with a semi gloss Krylon that very closely matches the Hungarian paint.
a couple months later,I stopped by VOW to pick up some ammo and Dan handed me the completed AK,it looked good.Dan said they had just finished it and did'nt have a chance to test fire it.Since I was going by the range the next morning,I said I'd check it out.
Everything looked good,mags fit great,action was smooth..............inserted a loaded mag and chambered the round.The bolt would'nt lock up!I tried a couple more times,the bolt would stop dead about a half inch out of battery.I called Dan,he said bring it back.
Dan and I looked it over and scratched our heads for a few minutes,then Dan realized it had the neck of a stuck case,stuck in the chamber.It appeared to have been there for a long time and was probably the reason this rifle was taken out of service.Dan got it out and I was on my way to the range,It chambered fine and I fired the first mag kinda slow.Everything looked good so I bumped two more mags through it......no problems...............one more mag rapid fire.................I'm happy! :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes,Brass case.You could see where it had been repeatedly pounded by live rounds that would'nt feed!

·
Registered
368 Posts
2 Hungarian Kits......

AMD-65 custom AK. 7.62x39. Ak-74 lower hand guard and butt stock.
Fake can/ extension silver soldered to barrel. OOW receiver, double hook G2 fire
control group. Armory USA grip. U.S. gas piston. Flat black Gunkote
over park.

Overall Length: 21 inch's, Barrel 11 1/2 inchs.
?AMD Matched bolt carrier/bolt/barrel trunnion that was so clean that it looked almost unfired. On a Gen. 1 Ewbanks receiver that was 100% heat treated and is very stout. It's all riveted solid. The rear trunnion is CNC'd tool steel custom made for pistol builds. It has a Russian telescoping recoil spring rod, not the standard AMD wire frame. The Saiga fore grip is very solid and has an integral screw that goes through the receiver and into a nut seated in it. The TDI grip is very comfortable, just like the 1st Samco G27 for AR's. The trigger is an OEM double hook and has a nice release. The finish is Rustoleum 7220 textured appliance paint.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love that pistol! The Saiga forearm looks great too. :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the nicest looking AMD I've seen Muttly!

·
Registered
612 Posts
JOHNO said:
Thanks JOHNO

It was built by Sledgehammer Arms,all I did was park, gukote, and modify a romy gas tube.Still tweaking the RSA to get it just right.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Muttly said:
JOHNO said:
Thanks JOHNO

It was built by Sledgehammer Arms,all I did was park, gukote, and modify a romy gas tube.Still tweaking the RSA to get it just right.
Nice AMD.

I know Randy personally, and he gets all of my work. Hes a good guy. :smile:

·
Registered
185 Posts
ok heres my feg

i would post my other fegs but the ladies arnt dressed yet :)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
And their grandfather....FEG type III AK47 (AKM compensator was placed by former owner and removed shortly afterwards by me)

And yes that's a third pin you're seeing, legal in Dutch gunlaws if the disconnector is shortened..

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have a question for you is the receiver hungarian? I built a hungarian T111 on a us firing line receiver. Just curious.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have a question for you is the receiver hungarian? I built a hungarian T111 on a us firing line receiver. Just curious. Oh by the way very nice.

1 - 20 of 357 Posts