AK Rifles banner

561 - 580 of 1505 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
It will..just have faith and this won't ship until its paid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
"Won't ship until its paid" - won't ship from where? The distributor?

Since you have importers looking at these, now, how are you going to handle serving the first 100 buyers in this list? Where will we purchase the rifle from? I assume it will be a vendor in the USA? How do you see this working?

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
"Won't ship until its paid" - won't ship from where? The distributor?

Since you have importers looking at these, now, how are you going to handle serving the first 100 buyers in this list? Where will we purchase the rifle from? I assume it will be a vendor in the USA? How do you see this working?

Only natural to ask, but if the answers to these questions were available, we'd know them already.

That said, I'd encourage everyone to be realistic about all of this going down as it was imagined in this thread. I know nothing about the specifics of the deal, but I do know a small foreign manufacturer typically has little or no leverage over prices or how retail sales are carried out in the US. Perhaps FEG can make satisfying this group deal a condition of the sale, but that'd be quite out of the ordinary. Keeping in mind that the importer is typically a distributor rather than retailer, the idea that FEG could get the company(ies) buying the rifles from the distributor to go through the hassle of floating a group deal seems just about impossible.

The rifles will get here when they're ready and they'll cost whatever the retailer thinks the market will bear. Guaranteed to not please everyone, but we need to acknowledge reality and recognize that if this deal doesn't play out exactly (or remotely) like its been described here, no one's been lied to and it won't be anyone's "fault". It'll be whatever it is, recognizing that accomplishing the first import of new SVD-pattern rifles in 30+ years is a miracle (and the result of persistent, hard work) no matter how you slice it.

One thing I do know about the deal is the enormous cost - beyond the considerable production expense - of getting every wee bit of the rifle certified as Hungarian-/EU-produced (rather than Russian) in order to pass Federal scrutiny. This additional layer of expense significantly increased the finished cost of the rifles; sadly unavoidable, but essential to getting them into the US.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
View attachment 269489
I never said it was gonna be easy.
AZAK said is very true...but another factor in the equation also and I am not gonna blame people nor point fingers but another factor is other peoples politics are inter-mixed with it.

Not gonna negate it.... but I am leaving this MEME up for people to look at....

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Do the "HD-18"s use an original SVD style trigger pack with safety sear, or a "Tiger" style without? That could be another problem.

I know companies have even tried to import SVDs from Canada with an verifiable Gov't papertrail and didn't have any luck. I have always assumed that the BATF just didn't like the SVD due to the sear, but never made an official ruling.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Ours is without the stupid safety sear but we worked something with the firing pin so it's not free floating it will be spring loaded.

There will be a block to prevent insertion of the safety sear on the side.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Do the "HD-18"s use an original SVD style trigger pack with safety sear, or a "Tiger" style without? That could be another problem.

I know companies have even tried to import SVDs from Canada with an verifiable Gov't papertrail and didn't have any luck. I have always assumed that the BATF just didn't like the SVD due to the sear, but never made an official ruling.
It's not that the ATF doesn't like it.
It's the voluntary restrain from 1996.

It says no SVD.

Doesn't matter if it's in another country or whatnot.

If its Russian made

No dice..

Others failed in that department..

We will succeed because we are building it in Hungary.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Put your name on the list and I will look for emails

I use the list and also email as a backup.if you emailed me earlier its time.and date stamped..

I won't use it against anyone but when the call happens and they are here..be ready and committed.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
So if I understand this correctly if you're not one of the first 100 there's no guarantee we'll have a chance at one of these rifles before a distributor gets them and sells them elsewhere?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
No.....

The purpose still is to show that there is a viable market and customer base so this entices us to make more when the 100 sells.

We have enough materials, die forged parts blocks to make 1900 and possibly more if we find the shop, machine and lastly labor time to do it.

That's all....

The list grows and I am not asking for any deposits or any financial down payments.

It's just a list so I can present it to the importer and distributors when it is ATF approved and ready to ship.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
So it sounds like the list is simply to show interest and in no way reserves a chance a buying one of these? In other words, there is no process for the distributor or retailer to contact the people on the list? Once they are imported and at the retailer, they will be listed for sale and it will be first come first served? Just trying to gauge my odds of being able to purchase one of these.

Thanks and best of luck with the endeavor!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #574 (Edited)
It is a reservation system in itself as I will email and call and will help in the whole process.

They will honor it and it is not in my book will be a 1st come 1st serve.

There is interest and once they are ATF approved and here. Those on the list get 1st priority.

That was my endeavor and presentation to the importers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well you definitely wont have a problem selling them, think the main issue for the majority is just the price. Are there plans for a US parts rifle still if everything works out great?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
We have some machine shops and places that we are working with but the pistol.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
They wanted 800 to 1500 for the barrels to be made in the US using the same setup.

·
Super Moderator
25,696 Posts
Put me down for one with scope please.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
And to die forge everything parts wise..I was quoted 500 to 700 for the receiver itself and the rest is a smattering hundred here and hundred there. But this was only 3 machine shops and this was a one hand quote.

Tor Tort told me they want a shot at it...making a Drag receiver and I will work that route if needed to be.

561 - 580 of 1505 Posts