AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NW Ohio and this nest is just about a half mile from my house. This is the first time I've seen an Eagle in it, though. Pretty cool! The Eagle was actually in the nest when I went by the first time but I did not have my camera with me. I went home and grabbed my little pocket camera and when I returned the Eagle was out of the nest, perched on a nearby branch.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Did I ever tell you guys about the eagle feather, the Indian, and the message from God all resulting from a drunken canoe trip?

·
Registered
833 Posts
We've been seeing eagles in our area as well, it's pretty cool, they are big! Nice pics by the way.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're HUGE! I was shocked how big that one was. It was even larger than the big turkey buzzards we see around here. I have a friend who is into photography and has a very nice professional zoom lens on his camera. I'm going to drag him out to see if he can get some really good close-up shots of one of these eagles....

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
They're HUGE! I was shocked how big that one was. It was even larger than the big turkey buzzards we see around here. I have a friend who is into photography and has a very nice professional zoom lens on his camera. I'm going to drag him out to see if he can get some really good close-up shots of one of these eagles....
Please post the new Pro pictures if you get them.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sure will!

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Nice., I have seen them in southeast Ohio along the Ohio river as well. After 40 years of the banning of DDT in USA agriculture the apex bird species are recovering. Those nests are huge.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Yeah, Bald Eagle.. I guess they taste a lot like Trumpeter Swan :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I lived in Springfield Ma a pair of eagles moved in and everyone was aaawww so pretty, till peoples cats and small dogs started to go missing and then the film of papa eagle bringing a ankle biter home for his chicks meal.Then it was how do we get them to move out.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just saw two of them at the nest a few minutes ago. One was in the nest and the other perched in a nearby tree. I really need to get my photographer friends to get over there!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was doing a virus cleaning on my mom's friends computer in her living room one day and caught movement in her Elm tree. I looked up and there sat a big Baldy... It had been decades since I had seen one last. Now they are everywhere along the Missouri river here in So Dak

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Did I ever tell you guys about the eagle feather, the Indian, and the message from God all resulting from a drunken canoe trip?
Unless you are a Native American that uses Bald Eagle feathers in your religious ceremonies, do NOT get caught with one! Super bad JuJu results!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts