AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going over my K-VAR krink kit (4th of July special) and I noticed a few early/"russian" features (recoil spring, front sight base, selector, cast marking on the folding stock trunion, like Iz made ones) and my trunion has a very odd marking (based on the few bulgie kits I have seen).

The first odd thing, no arsenal mark at all. The first mark on the trunion is an "A" followed by a character that looks somewhat like a "
D" or the markings STG-58s had on the full auto position (aka, kinda a squared off D). After that is what I assume is the year of production code which is "38" which I think is 1998, however I only have a four digit S/N. So, I have a few "russian" features/early S/N what do I have here? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
mrf2

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
We need to see some pictures. Some of the Bulgarian stock trunnions and FSB/GB assemblies do have a mold number. Also the markings on the barrel trunnion sound like they are Bulgarian.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
mrf2 you are correct your demilled AKSU was mfg in 1998 which is determined by the "38" before the four digit serial number.

Prefix is AD in Cyrillic

·
Registered
487 Posts
This thread got me looking at my krink kit. No markings on trunion other than 5 digit S/N (last 2 digits obscured in the pic), 2 or 5 on gas block, no mold number on stock. Given the edges of the cuts are painted, I think my kit may have been assembled just to be cut up. I was planning to build it as a bulgy Krink, think anyone has ever requested "Circle 10" engraving vice the Russian markings before?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Guys take a closer look at your trunnions. Ones without circle-10 appear to have been ground down and restamped. Compare with a new trunnion and you should see the difference in width. Are any of these 2-rivet feedramps?

·
Registered
487 Posts
SteveM said:
Guys take a closer look at your trunnions. Ones without circle-10 appear to have been ground down and restamped. Compare with a new trunnion and you should see the difference in width. Are any of these 2-rivet feedramps?
Mine is a single rivet feedramp. I am trying to see where it was ground down to restamp, but it looks pretty factory. If that was done they really took the absolute minimum amount of material off.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
GPSIG said:
This thread got me looking at my krink kit. No markings on trunion other than 5 digit S/N (last 2 digits obscured in the pic), 2 or 5 on gas block, no mold number on stock. Given the edges of the cuts are painted, I think my kit may have been assembled just to be cut up. I was planning to build it as a bulgy Krink, think anyone has ever requested "Circle 10" engraving vice the Russian markings before?

Yes......Many have! You have a 100% Bulgy Krink! Have the Circle 10 engraved and bring it back to life! I think it is silly to try and make a "Russian Krink" with Bulgy parts! You have a bad ass kit so build it for what it is! Even Mr. K said the Bulgy guns are the best! And why have a fake when you can just build the real deal!

T :wink:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Are the rivet heads inside domed or flat?

My Bulgy AKS-74U also has no circle marking but it has the A, 'cyrillic A' 38 then a four digit serial.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts