Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Snagged one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just saw a century dealers catalog with Opap underfolder in it.... Weird.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had been looking at these for a while and seems most places centerfire, jgsales, aim, atlantic are sold out and the cheapest i have seen them. plus they arent on centurys site either, but who knows....

i didnt realize n pap had a single stack bolt

·
Registered
57 Posts
i think century is bluffing. they said the same thing before, I think its an excuse to drive N-Pap sales. no one really wants the N-pap

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
So if both the "N" and "O" models have double stack bolts, and the "N" pap has much better furniture, why is everyone so keen on the "O" model? Is it just because it slightly closer to the m70? I just cant figure out the difference in appeal.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
So if both the "N" and "O" models have double stack bolts, and the "N" pap has much better furniture, why is everyone so keen on the "O" model? Is it just because it slightly closer to the m70? I just cant figure out the difference in appeal.
Appeal of O-PAP would be the thicker receiver/bulged trunnion. More like the classic .mil M70

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Appeal of O-PAP would be the thicker receiver/bulged trunnion. More like the classic .mil M70
Gotcha, thanks man. I mean I get the appeal of a factory built gun, but why not just do a kit build if you are going for authentic? That way you get the military features missing on the O-PAP as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gotcha, thanks man. I mean I get the appeal of a factory built gun, but why not just do a kit build if you are going for authentic? That way you get the military features missing on the O-PAP as well.

The OPAP is so popular over a kit because the milspec CHF barrel, two 30rd. mags, original Yugo/Serb receiver, etc. all built at the factory arsenal for around $550.

A kit can hardly be called an M70 anymore when the barrel & receiver and at least 4 other parts are inferior US products.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The OPAP is so popular over a kit because the milspec CHF barrel, two 30rd. mags, original Yugo/Serb receiver, etc. all built at the factory arsenal for around $550.

A kit can hardly be called an M70 anymore when the barrel & receiver and at least 4 other parts are inferior US products.
Gotcha, thanks man. I didnt know Zastava barrels were such a hot comodity. But I guess you are right. Anyway, I am still a fan of new stuff and I kinda dig the new production wood on the N-PAP and the N-PAP underfolder over than a neutered M70/O-PAP. To each his own, and sorry to derail the thread.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I ordered an O-PAP from Bud's Guns on Friday. I think it cost $569 + $6 insurance + $20 FFL = $595. Not bad for my first AK I suppose. Not knowing that much about them, other than the POS ones I picked up here and there in Iraq in 2008, I opted for the heavy receiver, heavy barrel and real wood. I relied on a lot of reviews from guys like you who were much more smart about AKs than I. I suppose I can always pick up an N-PAP if they become the next great thing. In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting my O-PAP.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can anyone tell me what it would take to put a folding stock on one of these O-PAP's? I would prefer a side folder but an under would do.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 164 Posts