AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A NYfirearms.com member has multiple Repeal SAFE Act signs stolen from his yard...

He suspects a busybody neighbor who called the town to complain about the sign. Posts on the local NYfirearms forum to talk about how his signs are being stolen. Donations pour in to pay for a trail cam... Thief is caught! But who it is turns out to be unexpected.... The best part is that charges are being pressed. ;)

so , remember my repeal the safe act sign issue.... - Page 19

Here is the sign.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Aw hayl.....

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If that's official police business, I'd say there's room for some budget savings in that town. Of course, that won't begin to offset the potential legal fees and/or settlement.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Don't like what I see... but...unless privately owned and maintained road, city easement rules apply, 8 feet back where I live. If private, the officer has some explaining to do!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
:roflmao:

If that officer was following orders from superiors, I pray he doesn't try to protect them.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic....

So much for honoring your oath officer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
:eek:

Nice. Patiently waiting for the "quit bashing the police!!" warnings....

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I do actually appreciate police and like having them around. This on the other hand should go viral.... They should have at least talked to the owner.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't like what I see... but...unless privately owned and maintained road, city easement rules apply, 8 feet back where I live. If private, the officer has some explaining to do!
You certainly have a point, there are laws like that everywhere.

However, if the homeowner was in violation of a law or ordinance, how come the police officer didn't write the homeowner a citation and a fine?

How come the police officer decided to destroy and then steal the sign off the property--not once but multiple times? Did the police officer act on his own or following the orders of a superior?

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
It was on city property but the sign owner was given verbal permission from a city planner (which don't mean squat if it's not in writing). Bottom line...other signs were left intact so it's obvious his sign was targeted for its content. Whether or not it was under PD orders or the officer was acting alone, even if they had the right to remove it, the officer got too much enjoyment out of removing the sign and taking it multiple times. Luckily not all cops are as petty as this individual...

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
You certainly have a point, there are laws like that everywhere.

However, if the homeowner was in violation of a law or ordinance, how come the police officer didn't write the homeowner a citation and a fine?

How come the police officer decided to destroy and then steal the sign off the property--not once but multiple times? Did the police officer act on his own or following the orders of a superior?

All valid questions...I can only write as to local laws where I am. Not knowing the complete history of neighborhood complaints, if any, and a LEO being involved raises many unanswered questions I have.
On the surface this looks like a gun grabber hateful act. I would set the sign back or hang from a tree and see what happens next What further details have you found out?....Let us know..

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think there is something rotten going on here. I don't know any details beyond what is written in the NY state forum which has exploded in posts since this first became public knowledge a few days or two ago.

As a former resident of New York, I hope the citizenry remaining there can find some justice.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think there is something rotten going on here. I don't know any details beyond what is written in the NY state forum which has exploded in posts since this first became public knowledge a few days or two ago.

As a former resident of New York, I hope the citizenry remaining there can find some justice.
Something rotten indeed! The Northeast has been through hell and it just doesn't seem to ever stop. The citizens deserve, at the very least, justice and fair representation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts