AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received my PSO-1 that I bought from Ivantactical after 5 months of waiting. Unfortunately my excitement quickly turned to frustration. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but no matter what I try it will not fully slide onto the side mount. It starts to slide on just fine but then this small pin on the scope hits the edge of the mount and gets stuck in place. I've tried tightening it, forcing it but nothing works. It won't stay locked in place and will just slide backwards off. I specifically purchased the "AK" scope however the mount on mine looks different from the one on the website and in the manual booklet. If anyone can please help me out here I'm lost, am I doing something wrong? Did my scope come with the wrong mount? Is my AK mount not compatible?

Link to the scope

My rifles side mount

This is the furthest it will slide onto the mount

View attachment 314122
Edge of mount pin is getting stuck at

·
Registered
169 Posts
Its an AK. Most things one puts on one will occasionally need a bit of fitting.
Options are return it and get a mount that fits.
Or file the offending pin down just enough to clear . Not seeing your setup firsthand i cant suggest which option you might take .

·
Banned
16,234 Posts
You have the SVD lower clamp vs the AKM pattern.
The SVD clamp indexes on the front of the rail by using that nub.

The AKM clamp indexes on the rear of the rail as it has a closed rear on the clamp.

You have the incorrect lower clamp for that rail.
The clamps can be swapped or exchange the entire scope for the proper type if possible/practical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts