AK Rifles banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
towerofpower93 said:
I'm tracking the belt buckle POA with the chevrons once zeroed. I'm just trying to confirm if a matching POA/POI at 100m with the "+" will get the proper BZO for chevron use afterwards. I know the "22cm POI above POA at 100m" bit, but I'd rather not have to break out a tape measure at the range if I know a matching POA/POI at 100m with the "+" will get it done :)
Are you talking about the 500 m dot in the reticle, under the 400 m chevron?

400 m chevron to 500 m dot should be 4.5 MOA.

4.5 MOA @ 100 m should be 13.09 cm, if I calculate right.

CumbiaDude said:
towerofpower93 said:
I'm tracking the belt buckle POA with the chevrons once zeroed. I'm just trying to confirm if a matching POA/POI at 100m with the "+" will get the proper BZO for chevron use afterwards. I know the "22cm POI above POA at 100m" bit, but I'd rather not have to break out a tape measure at the range if I know a matching POA/POI at 100m with the "+" will get it done :)
Are you talking about the 500 m dot in the reticle, under the 400 m chevron?

400 m chevron to 500 m dot should be 4.5 MOA.

4.5 MOA @ 100 m should be 13.09 cm, if I calculate right.
Nope....and I'm a dumbass :doh: Got Kashtan and PO3.5 reticules mixed up. Apologies to all.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Wow...you guys have added a bunch of great info to this thread. I had forgot about it. Thanks...this helps a lot! The belt buckle thing especially. I zero my 1P78 about 8 inches high at 100. I did not notice how the poa would effect hits at 200 and 300m, because I usually only zero at 100 on paper and then go straight to the 400 plate. There is no plate at the other distances so I usually don't bother with them...shooting paper is boring... :sad: This is good info to know. Next time I will put targets up at 2 and 3 as well and test it out. At 400, the optic is dead on centering the chevron on the target. :smile:

i went back a few times and now re-confirmed the results.

depending WHICH translation manual you read about the 400 meter zero, use the 24 cnm high 100 zero mark. the 22 cm comes from some red dots that use mounts that sit slightly lower (thanks to Zen on this one).

when i used the 22 cm zero, my 400 torso shots were low, in fact 2 of 5 dint even make it on paper. Used the COM instead of the belt buckle POA and suddenly my shots were in place. So...to be consistent with the POA, use the 24 cm 100 meter zero.

oh..and use 7N6 :doh:

voron said:
when i used the 22 cm zero, my 400 torso shots were low, in fact 2 of 5 dint even make it on paper. Used the COM instead of the belt buckle POA and suddenly my shots were in place.
If you use 22 cm, will that mean you have to use COM shots? (Might be good for those who want COM shots...) Or will it just screw up everything in a different way, depending on range? :wink:

voron said:
oh..and use 7N6 :doh:
No shit? :mrgreen:

well after being able to hit a man-size target at 500 meters, i wanted to see if i can hear my 13x13 inch ballistic steel plate ring, so i hung it beside my silhouette target.

Unfourtunately, i now had no difinitive POA, just some brush/trees below it. My 6-shot group went slightly low and to the right, missing the plate.

here is whats interesting. The reason i knew that my shots were low and right because JUST low and right behind the plate was a tree, a maple tree that had a 3-4 inch branch that I notice had bullet holes though it. After close examination, i saw that the rounds went right THROUGH the branch, exiting and tumbling into the other tree past it.

Meaning the little .2214 caliber 53 Gr 7N6 had still enough energy @ 500 meters to easily penetrate a live solid maple tree of about 4 inch depth, exit and go into the next target.

I'm going to head out again in a few weeks, and try to re-zero, then see where I end up.

you;ll be good to ago as long as you follow the revised instructions.
(use ~9.5 inches high @ 100 meters)

this weekend we tried it Romanian match ammo that looked and smelled exactly like 7N6 (probably the same stuff) and used the same procedure.

400 meter shots all made it on COM, same with 500, and 600 3/5 shots made it on torso, but slightly low (belly).
i gotta find me place to shoot longer distance..

on thing to note when shooting past 500 meters- make sure that you are really centered @ 100 meters. Slight deviation (an inch or two) and you have higher chance of missing the whole target at 600. And past 500, if you have some heavy wind, you have to correct for it.

Went out to the range yeaterday and re-zeroed at 100M with a POI of just under 10 inches.
Unfortunatly, I could not get on the 300M range due to some shooters already being therem so I went over to the 200. As you can see from the pic, there was not alot of drop from 100-200M. I'm leaving the scope set for now, and will try at 300 at a later date. Ammo used was Polish 7N6.

Some of the spread you see with holes that are not marked was due to rapid fire. I had a few misses, but over all my hit rate was well above 90%.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm tracking the belt buckle POA with the chevrons once zeroed. I'm just trying to confirm if a matching POA/POI at 100m with the "+" will get the proper BZO for chevron use mouse clicker afterwards. I know the "22cm POI above POA at 100m" bit, but I'd rather not have to break out a tape measure at the range if I know a matching POA/POI at 100m with the "+" will get it done

Went out to the range yeaterday and re-zeroed at 100M with a POI of just under 10 inches.
Unfortunatly, I could not get on the 300M range due to some shooters already being therem so I went over to the 200. As you can see from the pic, there was not alot of drop from 100-200M. I'm leaving the scope set for now, and will try at 300 at a later date. Ammo used was Polish 7N6.

Some of the spread you see with holes that are not marked was due to rapid fire. I had a few misses, but over all my hit rate was well above 90%.

Uploaded with COC Mod
It is nice idea though.

The scope came in a canvas carrying case with cleaning cloth, adjustment tool, manual, and scope cover. My initial impression was a good one. Like most Russian optics it seems to be built like a tank with the customary hammer gray finish. The manual is 25 pages long with 1 graph and 5 illustrations. Unfortunately, I do not read Russian and am unable to provide specific tech. detail on the scope. When Kalinka relists them then maybe we can get better info. Also, these are new scopes and not old stock; mine is dated 10/14/2009.gbwhatsapp apk

Some of the spread you see with holes that are not marked was due to rapid fire. I had a few misses, but over all my hit rate was well above 90%.g
Well, it looks like this scope is built like a tank, which is good news for anyone worried about a rogue herd of armored vehicles invading their range. And even though the author couldn't read the manual, they still managed to hit their targets with an impressive 90% accuracy rate

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.