AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I recently purchased a new NPAP. After taking it to the range, it seems that the recoil is causing the safety to ride up after 5-6 shots to the point it wont shoot the next round (due to the safety working its way back on). It only moves a fraction of an inch and if I push it back down it fires the next few rounds just fine. I cant seem to go much past 6-8 shots EVERY time without it doing this. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea how to fix it as it is VERY annoying. Thanks!

·
Banned
16,234 Posts
Is the selector resting in the receiver notch when in the fire position? The nub on the backside of the selector should rest with a click in the receiver notch.
If not you can remove the selector and slightly tweak (bend) the forward area inward slightly for a more positive "stop" contact in the receiver notch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the selector resting in the receiver notch when in the fire position? The nub on the backside of the selector should rest with a click in the receiver notch.
If not you can remove the selector and slightly tweak (bend) the forward area inward slightly for a more positive "stop" contact in the receiver notch.
Thanks for the response AKBLUE. That looks to possibly be the issue. It was clicking into the groove for the Safe position but not for the Fire position. I have bent it in some to get a tighter fit. Hopefully it will stay tight enough that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts