AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while listening to 50cent, sippin on my smoothie and driving to work this morning, I came to a horrible realization. I have nowhere to bug out to!

All of my family is immediate and lives within miles of each other. And even then, they are all leftist sheeple. I don?t have any family anywhere else or any homes or properties anywhere else.

I would think just going somewhere random is prolly not a good idea.

So what exactly should people with no external ties (ie out of state) do?

·
Registered
189 Posts
..........start working on your barricade perparations.

or, you could just prepare yourself for the internment camp. :grin:

Accountant

·
Registered
41 Posts
network with people. pay attention to where they are from. Don't be afraid to drop someone an email or pm that is in your area and basically open a comm line. try to get some locals together and meet at a gunshow or shooting range. some serious friendships start this way and may provide a bugout place as long as YOU have something to offer. arms, knowledge, supplies, etc.
nobody wants a "liability" but by being an "asset" you have value towards the common goal, SURVIVING.

·
Registered
621 Posts
You could look into buying a small plot of land, Just a couple of acres or so. Look way away from the city, for a few reasons like, land is cheaper the further you get from the city, if the shit goes down your not gonna want to be near the city, if its not built up noboys is gonna be coming by bothering you. This will be a good investment anyways, and you will have a place where you dont have to rely on other people to accept or trust you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The plot of land idea is a good one and get a septic tank put in on the property the kind with a big lid.

Push come to shove it would be a place to store some items with out being looked at twice :wink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm thanks for the info so far guys. The little space of land is a good idea. I wonder how much that costs...suppose I should look that up.

Bugging in would prolly be the best idea. But I am sure its hard to fortify any location, especailly from people who might want to get in. Plus I suppose they could always wait you out.....or worse, smoke you out.

G

·
0 Posts
Let me caution you about the plot of land. Unless you have established a good relationship with other property owners in the area, having the deed to the land won't mean a thing. They will probably defend all the local property from anyone other than locals.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes stick is right, You would have to get to know the other landowners in the area, stop by introduce yourself and go visit the land every once in a while, make yourself seen in the area. For me in a SHTF situation, ALL People that I dont know are the enemy, atleast at first.

The septic tank idea is a good one, Gives you somewhere to hide stuff and somewhere to hide yourself if need be.

Bugging in, in my opinion, is a bad idea for an "All you can eat buffet" number of reasons! The shit hits the fan and cities are gonna be insane, People who have nothing will want everything. And wont care how they get it, lie, cheat, steal, even kill. This was proven in new orleans. Immagine a large bomb exploding in a major city near you. I personally will want to be as far as I possibly can be from people trying to get supplies together.

If you are gonna buy some land I would also suggest looking into self sustainment stuff like, seeds and one of those water filters that use sand to filter water. And other things like that. This will not only make you not need outside sources, But make you valuable to outside sources. Immagine what someone in a post SHTF situation would give for a fresh red ripe tomato. Or how about some potatos, and onions to make shiskabobs with....Gotta go, my mouths watering now!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe. suppose I could always just leave. so someplace like the blueridge mountains and ...ahem.... "get a cabin" if you know what i mean. granted supplies like I may like will prolly not be there but at least I'd be out of the city.

·
Registered
621 Posts
this thread has got me thinking I need to heed my own advice. I have a couple of places that I would bug to, But I think I need a place of ym own that nobody can just say. "I just don't want anyone else here" I gotta find some land cheap.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
My family has a farm in the Blue Ridge. Its 4 hours away, but if need be it has plenty of cattle, 128 acres of land, a woodstove and all the basics. The house is at the top of the hill so you can get a clear lookout around. Brick house with a basement. But the house here is strong also, with 5 acres of land for hunting, so it all depends.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I was thinking about a month ago back. My original plan was to bug out to the mountains to the west. Then I realized that everyone will head that way and it will turn into a huge mess. I decided I would head to the east with desert prarie and literally go underground. Plenty of antelope and prariedogs out that way. Some farms but not too many people out that way. So try to figure out which way everyone would evacuate to and bug out in the opposite direction.

Also I noticed the wind direction here is usually between 270 and 90 degrees. So north east prarie would keep me out of the path from radiation, biological, and chemical plumes from the city. The plume and wind is what makes bio/chem weapons really deadly. They are usually only a few hundred yards wide but can be several miles long traveling in the direction of the wind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts