AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've grown up hunting my entire life and consequently own a vast collection of hunting rifles and shotguns however, I've always been interested in a semi auto "sporter" especially after getting a little hands on experience with them and realizing how much of a blast they can be at the range. After very thorough research, I decided the AK platform was right for me. I picked up the m&m m10 762 because I wanted the reliability that comes with the platform along with a more modern tactical style and I must say, I've never had so much fun just plain shooting. I was able to hit can sized targets quite consistently from 50 yards using open sights and could not be happier. Now after a few trips out with it, I would like to put a small tactical 4x scope on a side mount for when I'm shooting 2-3 hundred yards (haven't tried this distance yet) however I want the option of plain old iron sights without having to remove the side mount. The selections of AK accessories in my area are few and far between as it seems the vast amount of tactical accessories are tailored to the AR platform so I'm forced to rely on ordering online. Through my research, it seems as though there is two viable options. the utg quick detach side mount with cut out for iron sights or one of those scopes with the iron sights on top like the Presma 4x32 mm Prismatic Scope. Also, I'm looking to stay in the 200.00 range for both optic and side mount. Any constructive advice from seasoned AK owners would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts