AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
i'm joining the Quanitco Shooting Club. not sure what you do for a living, but if you're qualified, there's really no better place in the area.

Link

Regular. Any member of the Marines, Armed Forces, Regular, Reserve or Retired, or any dependent family member of the same, or any DOD employee or retiree. Former POWs, Purple Heart recipients, and veterans who served in combat zones, who are not eligible to become regular members, will be considered regular members for the purpose of holding office and voting. However, these members will not be considered military or DoD members for Club ratio purposes. Members must be stationed or reside within a radius of sixty (60) miles of Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia . Regular membership in the QSC, Inc may not be extended beyond the general vicinity of Quantico.

Associate. Any person (civilian) who is sponsored by a regular member, approved by the Board of Directors and has paid the prescribed dues. Civilians may join the Club but their membership cannot equal more than 1/3 of the total Club membership. Members must work or reside within a radius of sixty (60) miles of Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia . Civilian membership in the QSC, Inc may not be extended beyond the general vicinity of Quantico.

Junior. Any person who has not reached their 18th birthday, and is sponsored by a parent or legal guardian who is a regular or associate member in good standing. The same civilian membership limitations apply to this category.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I am a Northern Va Gun Club member. It is in King George. Kinda North East, bordering MD around route 301. We have a really nice facility.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do not join Quantico. It has awesome ranges, but they have effectively banned all soviet rounds, no matter who makes them. That means no aks, no mosin nagants, no dragunovs, no cz52s even. I have been a member there for years, and i let my membership lapse recently. Apparently marines there cannot stop getting shot by people with AKs for some reason. Thankfully no one has died.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Muyoso said:
Do not join Quantico. It has awesome ranges, but they have effectively banned all soviet rounds, no matter who makes them. That means no aks, no mosin nagants, no dragunovs, no cz52s even. I have been a member there for years, and i let my membership lapse recently. Apparently marines there cannot stop getting shot by people with AKs for some reason. Thankfully no one has died.

Its posted on their website....Do you know the back story on that? Seems like a crazy , arbitrary restriction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts