AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

This is what I call my CONGO FAL. 18" Barrel - Premium Penguin black furniture - Imbel GL receiver. I 'parked' each part then gunkoted them in FLAT black out of my badger 400 airbrush. The entire rifle is very 'silky' in appearence.

I actually bought consecutive numbered receivers last summer. I paid 500 for the pair. I cringed then, but now i've seen consecutive numbered imbels sell for almost grand. :grin: The other one is being used on another Black Para FAL.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Nice Travis..I sold my FAL yesterday, I like em, but I found that I like AK's and AR's more.... :grin:

·
Registered
720 Posts
That FAL looks amazing hows the recoil/muzzle blast on that thing? That thing looks scary wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that thing. Does that have the sand cut bolt?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This doesn't have the sand cut carrier. The Para will but this one does not. Recoil is nothing with these. Blast is loud. Yes, from what I've read and heard from first hand accounts - It sucks to be pinned down with a .308 blasting at you. :wink:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nice FAL. I have two ea myself. A STG 58 built on a Dan Coonan . Built by M&M in Atlanta. Very nice job by Tony Marshburn.
I have a Izzy clone buitl by ARS. Very nice also. The problem I have Jhicky is I can't sell anything I ever buy. PackRat I am. I have crappy rifles I can't seem to sell. The FAL is a good solid rifle. A Very Good Main Battle Rifle. Good job. WarDawg

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That is a good looking FAL! I have an Imbel kit here at home waiting for a receiver. I am tempted to get another, so I can build a shorty as well.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I've shot an FAL before, very light, you don't hurt from the recoil but if you hold it wrong it does leave a bruise. Oddly enough the bruise doesn't hurt.

The FAL I shot had the folding charging handle, that was kinda annoying to fold it and unfold it.

Either way I want a main battle rifle someday, a CETME or FAL or L1A1 would be REALLY nice to have.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I assume it wont be the obvious, but I'll give those anyway - some have wide BHO( which I love by the way), different CH's.. Hmm. soemthing looks a little different on the 2nd from the left... Ok...tell me.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I own a DSA SA 58 Carbine that I got for a steal ($800). It is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. It is very much like an AK, IMO, but more powerful and with better ergos.

I need to get some pics of mine up.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I'll guess it has something to do with either the trigger group or the fact that some are inch and some are metric.

·
Registered
124 Posts
TravisAasen said:
sear cut vs NO sear cut?
Correct! 2nd from right is a sear-cut styer. One of the 2,000 approved by the ATF after they banned them. I need to take some good pics of my meager FAL collection.

BTW, your Congo is one bitchin' looking rifle, nice job!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts