1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's we will be letting go of some M16 stuff we no longer need::D

Original M16 A1 Replacement Barrel
Part #: RM16A1-Barrel
Replacement barrel for M16 A1, new old stock, early 1970's production, just released. Perfect for finishing your M16 build project.
- Grey phosphate finish
- 20 inch length
- 0.625" diameter for gas block
- A1 "pencil" profile
- 1 in 12 twist
- Caliber 5.56 NATO
- Chrome lined
- With front sight tree and sight installed.
- With barrel extension, delta and sling swivel

Caliber: 5.56 MM
Country of Origin: US

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Price and link to site?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a look a gunbroker, SP1 barrel STARTING at $408, Buy it now is $485. only 3 others, Repo, $275, Used FN $175 All will be bid much higher.:eek:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Well. They aren't making any more NOS govt. contract A1 barrels, so if that price seems high now wait and see what these will be worth in 10 years, if you can find one.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Well. They aren't making any more NOS govt. contract A1 barrels, so if that price seems high now wait and see what these will be worth in 10 years, if you can find one.
True. Original USGI surplus stuff is only going to get rarer and more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Resistance was futile... I've been wanting a nice M16A1 clone for a while, this will guarantee it. A little research tells me these Saco barrels are reputed to be real tack drivers. Now I just need to pick up a nice kit, and there are some of those on the McKay site, but a little pricey.

Rod, I bit for the barrel, how about a nice package deal with the kit?

Reactions: Leviathan

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I found a NOS SAK barrel years ago when I built a pair of -A1 clones. I too had read about the supposed accuracy of the barrel. As a sidenote, SAK was better known for it's M14 and M60 barrels. Using the same ammo, same conditions, here's the SAK target vs the Colt barrel on the other M16 clone built at the same time. Both barrels, from what I could tell, were NOS:

Round count is different the above example, but I think the Colt barrel printed tighter groups. But of course this is a sample set of exactly 1 - your mileage my vary.

Some inspiration for the build :)

Thirtycal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts