AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this dime a dozen rifle not too long ago. thought i'd post the best pics i have available for now.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
"Dime a dozen"?! :shock:

At which museum is it kept, and why is the gas tube retaining lever not in the closed position? :confused:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
joelad said:
"Dime a dozen"?! :shock:

At which museum is it kept, and why is the gas tube retaining lever not in the closed position? :confused:
+1 That's awesome!

·
Registered
446 Posts
man i'm all for the battlefield pickup look. but you can't fake that kinda patina. looks awesome. i want it. :grin:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Is there actually anyone that has a North Korean kit? God that would be sweet!

T

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
There are NK kits out there, I cut rebuild plates for one already.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
How come we don't have a thread for North Korean variants? I would love to see some of the builds people have done with them. :razz:

T :smile:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
machinegunt said:
How come we don't have a thread for North Korean variants? I would love to see some of the builds people have done with them. :razz:

Because in reality there is probably less than 20 kits in the US.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
WarBaby said:
machinegunt said:

Because in reality there is probably less than 20 kits in the US.
Wow! If any members have a kit I would love to see some pics!

·
Registered
83 Posts
machinegunt said:
Gone&didit said:

This one is built from a type 68 stamped kit.
Wow! That's nice :shock: Where did you get the kit?

T
The kit I bought off of gunbroker back in '04 for around $600. I etched in the NorK selector markings into a AK-Builder flat and had it built early this year. :grin:

·
Registered
457 Posts
machinegunt said:

Maybe because North Korean kits are pretty rare here in the states. Also, I believe that posts referring to NK guns are usually posted in the Chinese Forum.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Could someone tell me more about the Type 68? Namely what features does it share with the Chinese stamped Type 56 AKM?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wow!! That is one to be very proud of. That is only the second NK build I`ve ever seen and it`s beautiful!! Congrats!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Could someone tell me more about the Type 68? Namely what features does it share with the Chinese stamped Type 56 AKM?
Other than using the 7.62x39mm round, Kalashnikov magazines, and a muzzle nut/flash hider, there's not much that the North Korean Type 68 shares with a stamped Chinese Type 56. The North Korean Type 68 is probably more closely similar to a European AKM than a Chinese rifle.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts