Registered
22,625 Posts
Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg
seems almost reasonable which in and of itself is unreasonable

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed the seller before posting and it is for real. Nice guy needing money. I only posted this for historical benefit due to condition of the entire package.
Price is within reason for an investment collector and likely some what negotiable if interested. This makes only the third posting of this quality that I have
found this entire year on a local basis. I bought the other two.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wonder if this one originally came with the thumb hole stock instead of the club foot, foam in box looks like thumbhole. I thought the chinese rpk variants' bipod was mounted in front of fsb.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if this one originally came with the thumb hole stock instead of the club foot, foam in box looks like thumbhole. I thought the chinese rpk variants' bipod was mounted in front of fsb.
Seller says it was a thumbhole replaced by the dealer before original purchase.

·
Registered
22,625 Posts
Color me skeptical but recent events have soured me... I now add 'reasonable' to 'too good to be true' as a red flag indicator. I wonder if they would let you run the serial through a stolen guns database.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Color me skeptical but recent events have soured me... I now add 'reasonable' to 'too good to be true' as a red flag indicator. I wonder if they would let you run the serial through a stolen guns database.
Probably already an app for that...or a great idea for a new app..lol Been a LOT of scams everywhere using firearms for bait. I CMA when I got out on a FTF. Many desperate folks these days!

·
Registered
849 Posts
It is still a post-ban NHM-91 rifle, new/like new in the box with accessories, that had the entire original stock set replaced (upper/lower hand guards and thumbhole stock).

That particular Chinese made RPK buttstock is a rare find by itself, but is still not the same buttstock as found on the original pre-ban Chinese RPK rifles...there are 2 different types.

Not worth $1200 in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
NHM-91 - post ban

Bipod behind sight - post ban

Bush-hole stock - post ban

Not really rare except for the Chinese stock.

Nice but not at that price and not for the risks.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I sold this one not too long ago... 86S-7 NIB with all the factory goodies, including the drum mag. Kind of miss it now. It was a real beauty.

Interestingly, these were the ONLY markings on the rifle.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what would point to this being a stolen firearm.

·
Registered
22,625 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what would point to this being a stolen firearm.
I'm not at liberty to discuss the matter. Suffice it to say that there are operations going on that fly in the face of certain laws and restrictions... and they are both known and ignored by a certain constabulary.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not at liberty to discuss the matter. Suffice it to say that there are operations going on that fly in the face of certain laws and restrictions... and they are both known and ignored by a certain constabulary.
Okay. I am a Marine Veteran, there were too many big words for me to follow. I assume that you are thinking this is some kind of atf/government scheme? It appears to be legit post ban with switched furniture. I didn't see the 3rd pin.

·
Registered
22,625 Posts
Okay. I am a Marine Veteran, there were too many big words for me to follow. I assume that you are thinking this is some kind of atf/government scheme? It appears to be legit post ban with switched furniture. I didn't see the 3rd pin.
No..a 3rd pin is an obvious 'tell' and not what I mean here. I'm just a very cautious person when it comes to deals like this. It could be that this is a decent deal...on the other hand in certain circumstances in an uncertain world... I would want to make sure that this deal is on the up and up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Interesting rifle. The obvious is stated as advertised as a post '89 ban NHM91...

That buttstock?

Or, drumroll please... back to year 2001: Soupbowl Industries. Look at the length. NHM91 fitting it's styrofoam quite well. Stock matches the Chinese t-hole in length (not to be confused with the much shorter Bishop/Boyds t-holes that would not fit that box quite as well)

It could very well be a Norinco product removed from an original import? Doesn't match the pre-ban posted above or any other pre-ban Norinco/Poly's I've viewed over the years.

I'm only certain that all stock components have been replaced.

Armslist, lol. Where all MAK90's are worth pre-ban money. Screw those clowns, for 1k I'll own something far nicer. Too many other options when you get into that price range. I dig Chinese AK's but ya gotta be realistic. I'll buy something else brand new from a dealer before getting gouged or worse by a stranger in a strange environment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts