AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped a few pictures today.

Romanian SAR1 and MAK90

ETA: Yeah, I know the MAK90 has an AR stock on it. :eek: But the last picture has the normal stock. I agree it looks better, but the M4 just plain feels better. Sometimes ugly works. :neutral:

DK

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I see the two SKS-D rifles... man I wanted one untill I found out the problems with the one I was looking at. No cutout for using stripper clips, no bayonet lug, really sad. If I got one I would need it to be original, I can't stand hacked up guns. Do yours have the stripper clip cutout?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
I see the two SKS-D rifles... man I wanted one untill I found out the problems with the one I was looking at. No cutout for using stripper clips, no bayonet lug, really sad. If I got one I would need it to be original, I can't stand hacked up guns. Do yours have the stripper clip cutout?
None of the factory SKS rifles that used AK mags had them. In order to retain those features but use AK mags, you would have to mod an existing rifle.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SKS's that were incorporated to take AK47 mags came in two variations. Typically called "D" and "M" models.

The "D" models actually had the bayo lugs, and sometimes the stripper clip guides. They are a little harder to find. A little costlier too.

The "M" model came in the styles that you see in my picture. They were neutered. No bayo lug or stripper clip guides.

Mine work 100%. I have had no problems with them. My only big problem with them is that they do not accept drums and mag changes are a little fickle. The mag well is deep and you can't tilt the magazine very much to remove or insert them. Other than that - I love them!

DK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts