AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a Norinco Bake lite today at the fun show with Triangle 66 code on it. I paid 15$ for it that a pretty good deal?

he also had some chinease flat backs for 15$ a pop

i also picked up 6 Makarov Mags for 5$ each :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Last Chinese Phenolic I saw at a funshow was $75, and it looked like it had been dragged behind a pickup.

Did manage to find a PolyTech .223 for $25, and a Finnish M76 .223 mag for $60 at funshows though. :grin:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hrmm really? its 7,62 i beleve, ill take a pic and post it up.

what do chinease flat backs normally run for?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are some pics of it, is it really worth $80-100??? that is crazy high! lol

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
nah im just messing with you. its only worth about 10 bucks. but i am feeling generous today, so ill give you 25 shipped for it :grin:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i will a have to respectfully decline your offer ;) i think im going to stick it in the back of my closet and sit on it for awhile :)

oh yeah talk about dumb luck lol :) i figured it was worth at least 15 but no more than 45 at the very most.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
ill still give you 45 for it haha. jk, i really dont want it. i have nothing chinese to match it with.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol me either, maybe I should go back tommorow and try to sell it for 100 and buy more magazines with it! :mrgreen: it would look good on a Polytec side folder

·
Registered
846 Posts
Put it on the trader section, and you will sell it quickly. You probably are already receiving PMs offering to buy it.

Chinese flat-backs in VG cond go for about $15. Seen them for less, and seen them for slightly more. Unless they have "Poly" and "Tech" stamped on the floorplate, and/or a chromed follower.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
lol me either, maybe I should go back tommorow and try to sell it for 100 and buy more magazines with it! :mrgreen: it would look good on a Polytec side folder
after trying to sell even 1 slabside at a gun show, you are going to have a very hard time. people dont care about rarity there, they want either cheap or like the GA shows, mostly asshats looking to buy and then resell later in the day for a profit.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
after trying to sell even 1 slabside at a gun show, you are going to have a very hard time. people dont care about rarity there, they want either cheap or like the GA shows, mostly asshats looking to buy and then resell later in the day for a profit.
Unfortunately, it happens similarly in the forum's marketplace here as well. There's folks that find something cheap at a show or a shop and a few days later sell it/them much higher here. But it probably all works out in the end for both parties. Great score on the magazine, by the way.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
You did excellent buying that NORINCO bakelite for 15 bucks. I put one up for 90 bucks last year here, and it went fast.

As for the metal chinese mag, 15 bucks is about all they are worth. There is nothing special about them that would command a higher price then that.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
rayman1 said:
Unfortunately, it happens similarly in the forum's marketplace here as well. There's folks that find something cheap at a show or a shop and a few days later sell it/them much higher here. But it probably all works out in the end for both parties. Great score on the magazine, by the way.
if you are referring to me and my slabsides, i am not making much on what i sell them for.consider the shipping alone is 5.80 at the cheapest, im making about 10 bucks at the most. i paid well over 2000 for that entire crate. amex rules. i still have a ton left, that wont be sold either. im still paying that bill off as well.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I was speaking in general. And as I mentioned, it seems to work out for both parties - the buyer gets something he/she may have been needing/looking for and the seller makes a little profit.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
rayman1 said:
I was speaking in general. And as I mentioned, it seems to work out for both parties - the buyer gets something he/she may have been needing/looking for and the seller makes a little profit.
i wish i could have made more, but something tells me they wouldnt sell at 100 bucks a pop :lol:

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
+1 on that. As far as the forum, I don't mind breaking even on stuff as long as another like-minded hobbyist enjoys it and I can make a new acquantance.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I sell to pay bills and continue collecting

When I purchase mutilple mags or parts I look at them later and sell off what turns out that I feel I can do without, for the cost of purchase + ship when I can.

I have probably made $100 profit total in deals over the last 5 years, if that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts