AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello AK forum,

I joined earlier this month and have already been saved by the AK experts here a couple times. Thank you all for such an outstanding space. I'm a long time gun guy and multi platform armorer... but an AK noob. Thanks to all of you I'm learning fast though.

Figured a good way to introduce myself was to share a build I'm working on. Pretty sure I struck gold with this. Or maybe pyrite... I'll leave it up to the forum.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Machine gun
Gun accessory Gas Auto part Bumper Metal

More pics to come. And if I should post this in another section I'm happy to ablige.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently the Russians weaken the front trunnion and put a glob of weld on the bolt to convert guns into blank firing guns. Sounds like this supposedly keeps them from being converted back. Other than that I can't find any other issues.

So decision number one for me is related to copying the izzy 94 front trunnion markings. I have a spare saiga front trunnion I could scrub or use a virgin Bulgarian one I have as well. I'm looking into a local gun engraving and machine shop for that.

Wood Rectangle Composite material Household hardware Electric blue
Audio equipment Gas Electronic instrument Auto part Font

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More pictures available if anyone is interested. Any advice is well appreciated. Even if the advice is go F#@k yourself. That's actually what my wife said when I told her that I bought this😀

1 - 10 of 10 Posts