AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used Wolf black box for my AKs. But there is no way in hell I will put money into Russia's hands now, and I expect that we will not be importing from the barbarians very soon.

What are some other good (and usually available) non-Russian choices for 7.62x39 FMJ ammo?

How's the PRVI? I have used a ton of their M193 in my ARs and love it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can get Romanian Hotshot steel cased for about the same price, with most likely similar performance.

Also there's surplus Yugo 7.62x39 but it's corrosive and expensive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not used the Hotshot but I am sure it is the same as the Wolf. I did shoot he Yugo surplus with great success and it is only 2 to 3 cents more than Wolf.

I have bought Wolf in the past but won't anymore after the Georgia fiasco, just like I NEVER fill up at Citgo because of Commie Hugo Chavez and Heinz because of John Kerry.

223SAINT

·
Registered
596 Posts
Warpiper wrote:I have always used Wolf black box for my AKs. But there is no way in hell I will put money into Russia's hands now, and I expect that we will not be importing from the barbarians very soon.

Hey, I'll buy all your wolf leftovers for 50% off!!!! :grin:
Maybe you should just give it up for free and pay shipping :wink:
Own any russian made AKs, Saiga, Veprs? I'll be happy to find the room for them...
By the way all the Warsaw pact countries been getting their machine tools from soviet union (maybe excluding yugoslavia which never been in warsaw block). So if you buy romanian "hot shot" it might be still a little bit russian(made on russian machines)... To be safe you should buy "remington" (just stay away from their shotguns, some of them are made in russia) Good luck to you. :mrgreen:
P.S.If my memory is right russia invested a very big part of their national reserve (about 2 or 3 hundreds billion dollars into US realestate market, mostly Freddy Mac & Fanny May... We dont want them to pull those money out!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bought my Hungarian AK a few days before the Inavasion so there is nothing I can do about it. :mad: I can stop buying russian ammo tho.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Options:

Winchester
Remington
Fiocchi
P.M.C.
HotShot
Privi Partisan
Sellier & Bellot

Remington Q.C. is on the sucky side, so I'd avoid it. For buying in quantity to save money, I'd suggest Fiocchi, HotShot, Privi or S&B. Those countries would be Italy, Romania, Serbia and the Czech Republic. Even when the Czechs were in Czechoslovakia in the Warsaw Pact, they still thumbed their nose at the Russians (refused to standardize on weapons or magazines, only ammo). So those should meet your requirements.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I don't see the supply drying up from Mother Russia; too much money involved. If it is politics that makes decisions for us we wouldn't buy from anybody that pisses us off. Serbia? China? Russia? I remember Zimbabwe ammo being a big deal a few years ago given their Gov't's record. I can understand that one. I can't understand what the big deal is with Russian tanks in their own back yard; understandibly there cuz we went around them and granted Kosovo independence from the Serbs. The Bush Administration has brought all of this on ourselves and re-routed pipelines, set up missile defense shields, and seeks to grant or build an empire completely around what is left of the former Soviet Union; country by country.
How many troops do we currently have overseas in how many countries at the moment? Yes, I'm an American living overseas, but I can't wait till the village idiot gets out of office and we can start respecting spheres of influence instead of isolating other world powers and starting the cold war all over again. Heck, they disbanded the Warsaw Pact and removed their troops and we keep getting bigger and bigger and telling everyone how to live and who should be independent and who shouldn't. If you don't want to buy Russian ammo for a Russian designed weapon that's your business, but give them the right to police their own backyard and keep our noses out of it. The idiot running Georgia got what he deserved when he mismanaged the entire affair. It bothers us when a big dog drops a hammer and settles the matter by rolling in with tanks and crushing a weaker country. It's called war, we're quite good at it actually. How many times have we dropped a hammer, including the current debacle in Iraq for weapons of mass destruction? What a brilliant plan that has been. Makes me want to run for a dictionary and rethink "barbarian":eek:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Please let this thread be about ammo and not politics.

I'm interested in other choices as well. I've never tried HotShot, and Federal is damned expensive. After a couple of dud rounds and a leaky primer pocket that pitted my bolt, I'm looking for something other than Golden Tiger.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I agree, but the sanctions need to start when the term barbarian is used from the get go; i.e. the very first post.

Ammo options are a good thread, slurs against culture and race are not what this forum should be based on.

They might welcome that over at Warrifles.com; Lots of like minded folks over there with no respect humanity and not a clue about politics.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Now for a little humor. I did try Hotshot when I was back in the states in July and did not care for it as much as Wolf Classic. I didn't pull bullets or measure anything, but my Bulgies liked the Wolf better, grouped a little bit tighter, not too much, but just enough to notice better consistency.

So while I can't exercise the freedom to use ammo at my current location, (airsoft only) I won't recommend the Romanian over Wolf classic. Privi???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts