AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to move on to my second AK. I'm thinking about picking up one of the non-military WASR's from Classic Arms, but I'm not completely sure what you give up with one of these rifles. Is there anything else "missing" other than the bayonet lug, threaded barrel, and muzzle break?

Also, are there breaks available for AK's without the threaded barrel?

I'm thinking about making this a black rifle with a K-Var syn stockset, so if I can save $50 by with a less-expensive rifle, then it helps with the budget.

·
Registered
551 Posts
No there's no other differences than those that you listed. Funny how these additions make the gun more deadly and evil somehow, but when taken off do not affect performance or the potential to kill does it. :twisted:

·
Registered
589 Posts
They don't have mag dimples. Personally, I'd recommend against a WASR unless you can sort through a few of them and pick out one that doesn't have serious mag wobble and canted sight or gas block.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CornFedHusker said:
They don't have mag dimples. Personally, I'd recommend against a WASR unless you can sort through a few of them and pick out one that doesn't have serious mag wobble and canted sight or gas block.
Good point. Are cant problems visible to the eye? If not, how do you check?

I ordered my first WASR from Classic and have been very happy with it....mags hold firm and everything worked fine right out of the box.

·
Registered
589 Posts
You'll know cant when you see it. :mrgreen:

Just look down the barrel/gas block/front sight base and make sure everything lines up and parts like the gas block or sight base aren't torqued off to one side or the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts