AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.........they will no longer sell to the retail public, only wholesale, dealer direct. Received this today.

TAPCO: U.S. Manufacturer

TAPCO is changing to a wholesale-only manufacturer!

That’s right—After 21 great years in the gun industry selling to both wholesalers and to the public; we are going to phase out the retail side of our business. Why? Well, for the past three years TAPCO has undergone a dramatic transformation by eliminating surplus from our product line, as well as discontinuing imports and the distribution of other companies’ products. Each year, we’ve become even more of an industry leader than the previous year. The more we’ve stepped out of the retail market and focused on product development, the better our reputation has become for manufacturing top-selling U.S. made products. So it’s now time to make the logical switch to being exclusively a wholesale manufacturer.

How does this affect you?

The biggest change is that since we won’t be selling retail anymore, we’ll be guiding our huge customer base to buy our products directly from you.
Our new strategy is quite simple and has two components:
Design and aggressively promote our top notch U.S. made products that gun enthusiasts have come to count on. We’ll generate excitement and demand for our products through aggressive marketing campaigns and new product launches.
Support and promote you, as part of our dealer and distributor network through our website and national advertising.

Intrafuse............

Earlier this year we conducted several in-depth focus groups and extensive market research in a comparison between the brand names “Fusion” and “Intrafuse”. At the conclusion of the research, “Intrafuse” generated the most excitement with customers by far.

Effective immediately, you will begin to see a change in our packaging.

“Fusion” brand name packaging will begin transitioning into “Intrafuse” through the balance 2008, and will be completely replaced by “Intrafuse” in early 2009. ”Intrafuse” will represent the same great products you’ve been purchasing, with a more effective name and superior packaging.

Intrafuse: The fusion of Form & Function.

American Parts...................................

Although TAPCO has become well known in the gun industry, not many people know what the letters stand for.

It’s rather simple: The American Parts Company. What name could better describe our mission? We are proud that with all of our products you can count on American quality at the best value on the market. In future advertisements, you can expect to see the full name of TAPCO: The American Parts Company.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard W. said:
Intrafuse !

LOL!

Yeah, no shit!!! :lol:

Sounds like they WASTED too much money on "market research"!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
G2 triggers?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Another overpaid marketing exec with nothing to do decides to change the world.

I liked TAPCO when they offered primarily hard-to-find items.

Somewhere along the way they began to feel their own self-importance.

I've not ordered from them since the 1990's.

I even ordered my TAPCO G-2 group from someone else.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
That sucks for a lot of folks that used them for products. Especially the FAL crowd. But think of all the Kalashnikov variants and SKS rifles that will be spared a life of horror. "Bubba" no more.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
rayman1 said:
That sucks for a lot of folks that used them for products. Especially the FAL crowd. But think of all the Kalashnikov variants and SKS rifles that will be spared a life of horror. "Bubba" no more.
They're not going anywhere.

They're just not gonna sell directly to the end user.

You'll have to buy all your new crapco toys from people like MrKrink or Scott at DPH instead.

...the HORRIBLE part is that they are gonna branch out and make MORE bubba stuff since they don't have to deal with the public any more. . .

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
This sucks for me because now I have to find somebody to buy my lower rails from... Anybody selling lower rails without having to buy flats?

I hope they give distributors a good enough price break that my cost on G2's and rails don't increase by 30% :neutral:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tx Dogblaster said:
I hope they give distributors a good enough price break that my cost on G2's and rails don't increase by 30% :neutral:
I don't know about rails, but you might see G2s get a little cheaper.
At least thats what I notice in most cases, as retailers tend to play cut throat with each other.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
-and they had nothing to do with the development of those FCG's, either.

All they did was buy the design and put their name on them.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
They used to be where it's at.

I actually liked the tapco of yore.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I miss the old tapco but I havent ordered from them in 5-6 years so I guess I wont notice their policy change :lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Trotsky said:
Yawn.

They have exactly one product that I care about - their trigger groups.
Basically.

Besides G2 Trigger groups--- :wave:

PLEASE:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Honestly, I never really loved the G2s. The surface finish was so crappy that you could feel the grittiness. Spend $10 more and get the U.S. Arsenal set from Arsenal or Nodak and look at the major difference in the parts. The Arsenal set looks brand new and has a nice finish.

I have used the G2s, but will be buying the Arsenal triggers from now on....if you have't seen or tried one, then do it and see the difference.

-Cabby

·
Registered
945 Posts
Tapco used to have great deals on Fal items. They suck now and I could give a shit if they go Whoresale or not. The G2 sets are as good as the Arsenal ones and I have never heard of the the injection molded sets shearing like the Arsenal sets. Not to dis Arsenal as they make a nice product most of the time. The Arsenal set that came with my 107fr had a 15lb trigger ! Arsenal can also turn out some turds ....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts