AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Been lurking for a while, finally got my FPID from NJ after a 3 month wait... chomping at the bit to get my first AK-47 for a while. Chose a Zastava O-PAP for the price and reviews. Just want to have some fun plinking and teaching my daughters. Got to vent though on getting an AK-47 that need the threaded barrel tacked and the removal of the two 30 mags. Now I need to buy 15 round mags at like 3 times the cost. Hey, I'm thankful I'll take delivery in about 3 week because my gunsmith has that kind of back log.

Can't wait to unbox it and do some shooting! Thanks for all the good information I got on this board.

·
Banned
1,635 Posts
Congratulations! I went through the FPID check when I lived in PDRNJ back in the early 1970s, totally ridiculous three month wait. Moved out of there and so have most of my friends who were born there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lets try that again.......Move to PA! I lived in Central Jersey up until about 10 years ago when I was 27. Bought a house in the Poconos for less money than (A TRAILER!) costs in NJ. No fingerprinting! No waiting! No permits! Live here for 3 months (or maybe it's 6.....), don't have a criminal record, be over 21 years old. Thats all you need to buy a gun in PA. Walk in with your PA drivers license, 30 minutes later, walk out with a pistol, revolver, shotgun, or rifle. NO MAGAZINE RESTRICTIONS EITHER!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hope you enjoy it, I have an O-PAP and think you made a good choice.

BTW in NJ is there a waiting period for joining a church, free assembly or a speedy trial?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hope you enjoy it, I have an O-PAP and think you made a good choice.

BTW in NJ is there a waiting period for joining a church, free assembly or a speedy trial?
I can basically guarantee you that the third one is a yes (like it is everywhere else). I've always wondered why people accused of murder and other serious crimes don't assert that right, since they usually don't get tried for years after being indicted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts