AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was covered, did a search and came up nadda. Just thought if anyone wanted to invigorate their sights here is a good way to do it.

Glowinc.com is a company that sells glow in the dark paint. They even have a recommondation for weapon sight paint.

Did this to one my Yugos..

My UF did not have the tritium but had the little round divots.

Take a pick and get all the old stuff out.

Clean.

Use a white base, just a drop does it. Let dry.

Put 2-3 coats of the paint in. Let dry.

Voila!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
From their website:

"The only paint that we recommend using on a weapon is Ultra Green Glow in the Dark Paint. It is literally the brightest glow in the dark paint available anywhere. After charging from a bright light source, it will glow reasonable bright for about an hour. It will continue to glow, albeit dimly, for another 6-10 hours."

"Properly painted, the glow properties should last over 10 years with nominal degradation."

There's instructions on there for application to a weapon too. I think I may do this for my Yugo.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I did the same thing on my m72, and it is super super bright. Charge for 30 sec with a flashlight, the glow will last bright well over 4 hours, and be a soft light for another 4.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exo, I guess I should have used the quote from the site but didnt think of it. Thanks for doing that.

When I charge them with a taclight they are super bright and then settle down.

Follow the directions on the website and you wont have any problems.

I bought the nail polish size bottle for about $15 shipped. There will be plenty leftover for anything else you want to glow. I even painted the light swtiches in my garage!

The stuff works!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Phosphorescent paint

Thanks for the info Guys! I just tried out some of the Ultra High glow Phosphorescent paint from Glow Inc. on my M70AB2. Wow! Much brighter than anything else that I have used in the past. Their website is great too! they have all kinds of suggestions for this stuff.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I put the Glow inc paint on my Yugos about four years ago. It has held up perfectly,and is still as bright as when I put it on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
K98k792, Did you put a top coat over the Phosphorescent paint or possibly a clearcoat sealer? It was suggested by Glow inc. to put on a sealer but I did not notice a sealer on the original glow dots. I just want to make sure that gun cleaning solvents won't erode the paint job.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've seen this before and I'm also considering it! Did you guys put any kind of clear coat over the GITD paint? I'm afraid Hoppes #9 may not be so kind to the paint.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I put some clear finger nail polish over it.
I did a test ,and after charging it with a bright flashlight,you could still see the glow of the sights after 8 hours.
I also did the front bead of my 870. It holds up well with a clear coat over it.
I also took their tip and put some around the bezel of some of my flashlights,comes in handy finding them in the tent at night! The stuff glows so brightly,you dont even have to turn the flashlight on to find close objects in the tent.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Green Glow

Bringing this topic back to life. Does anyone have any of the green glow paint extra that would consider selling off I would rather support the Forum members here if anyone has extra they are not using. Please let me know.

Oh I wanted to ask what paint are you using the water or solvent or weather-proof one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts