AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I agree with his review. I love mine, slightly ugly brace and all. It goes to the range with me every outing. I'm just under 1K of all sorts of factory ammo and handloads. No issues or malfunctions, it just works.

An older pic with it stock, a Vickers sling and cheap O-light. I have plans though.:)

It's always fun to see what others are doing with their Vityaz. Post up yours and your mods.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Zenitco handuards, vfg, charging handle. Caa stock adapter, alg trigger, sico trilug and sico can. I kind of hate the setup and am probably going to change it.
Wood Trigger Air gun Shotgun Machine gun

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I appreciate how he consistently referred to the maker only as "K-USA" and did not utilize their appropriation of what isn't theirs and what they have been able to get away with only because the Hussein sanctions prevented Kalashnikov Concern from protecting their trademarks which allowed whoever of that sort that wanted to just take the name and logo for themselves. He was quite careful on that -- every single time it was "K-USA." Good for him. IMO we should all do the same.

Btw, it's not the first time that Jonathan "Smartgun" Mossberg has ripped off intellectual property. He lost a half million dollar case on that some years back. Calling yourself Kalashnikov when you are not, and stealing the exact logo to further deceive, grates me. That said, I'm glad that this is a good pistol.

It was a good review, I much enjoyed it. I take it genuinely likes this one a lot as opposed to being just another review.

Reactions: jmau8385

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zenitco handuards, vfg, charging handle. Caa stock adapter, alg trigger, sico trilug and sico can. I kind of hate the setup and am probably going to change it. View attachment 319245

Nice looker, I like it and I bet it's real quiet.

What optic is that and does it co-witness your irons?

I'm still in search of an optic. I plan to sbr mine, along with adding some Zenitco rails and accessories. I'd like to figure out how to mount a tape switch for a Surefire Scout on the hand guards just to keep things simple and similar between my ARs and AKs. Not sure if that's an easy thing given the rail space.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice looker, I like it and I bet it's real quiet.

What optic is that and does it co-witness your irons?

I'm still in search of an optic. I plan to sbr mine, along with adding some Zenitco rails and accessories. I'd like to figure out how to mount a tape switch for a Surefire Scout on the hand guards just to keep things simple and similar between my ARs and AKs. Not sure if that's an easy thing given the rail space.
Its just a holosun and it does cowitness. Most people just use a clicky cap unless you are using a vfg

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I appreciate how he consistently referred to the maker only as "K-USA" and did not utilize their appropriation of what isn't theirs and what they have been able to get away with only because the Hussein sanctions prevented Kalashnikov Concern from protecting their trademarks which allowed whoever of that sort that wanted to just take the name and logo for themselves. He was quite careful on that -- every single time it was "K-USA." Good for him. IMO we should all do the same.

Btw, it's not the first time that Jonathan "Smartgun" Mossberg has ripped off intellectual property. He lost a half million dollar case on that some years back. Calling yourself Kalashnikov when you are not, and stealing the exact logo to further deceive, grates me. That said, I'm glad that this is a good pistol.

It was a good review, I much enjoyed it. I take it genuinely likes this one a lot as opposed to being just another review.

Who gives a shit about Russian IP? I guarantee they don't give a fuck about ours. They probably have over a dozen AR15 makes, they paying royalties on that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I give a shit about the integrity of people I do business with.

Jonathan "Smart Gun" Mossberg is IMO a piece of shit, it's simply another example of his character.

I also give a shit about truth. The company isn't Kalashnikov in any way and has had no association for years, so while no one can stop them from calling themselves that due to Hussein, I'm not going to do that and it seems neither will GT. I say good for him for not spreading bullshit at best. Calling the company that makes them sound as if they are that. They are not.

Again, I'm glad that the KP-9 at least seems to be a good gun.

As for your specific claim that Russia makes AR-15 pattern rifles, I was not referring to making the same pattern of rifle. Nor, btw, is making an AR-15 pattern rifle a violation of anyone's IP, if you didn't know, so that's a really failed example.

For a comparable example, please name a Russian company that takes the name of a famous company that they are not. Is there an "Apple Russia" selling computers that isn't Apple, a "Ford Russia" selling cars that isn't Ford, an H&K Russia selling firearms that isn't H&K, anything you can think of? Anything??

Let alone exactly copying the logo? In a Third World country you might find that. Not ordinarily in the US or Russia. It's the stuff of sleazebags.

But as the leopard doesn't change its spots, it's pretty much what one would expect from a dude found in court to have stolen IP before. Technology, trademarks, whatever. Certain types will take what is rightfully another's wherever they can if it's to their advantage. There are truth-tellers and there are deceivers.

On the name and logo, it's plain fact. On the KP-9 design, I don't have the facts except that K-USA alleges they got the exact plans from Kalashnikov Concern. Personally I doubt the agreement was that they were getting the full drawings and technology package for free and K-USA could use them all they wanted without paying anything when producing, but I don't have a copy of whatever agreement there was so I was not referring to that.

Perhaps if you know of a Russian company that has gotten such from an American company -- as opposed to just making yet another public domain design such as the AR15 is at this point -- and then produced product without paying you can share, as you seem to like the "but other people have done it!" argument.

I don't really know why you posted a Tupolev Tu-4 photo, unless you have info I don't that Tupolev started negotiating a commercial deal with Boeing, got the drawings and technology package, and then didn't pay but produced anyway, or even if that happened that way (it didn't) it makes K-USA's pretense of actually being "Kalashnikov" in some way and ripping off the exact logo the work of an honest man?

Or do you generally operate on, Well I can think of that guy or group that was a crook or copier albeit my example is more than 70 years ago so that justifies this other example of being a crook or copier? Some do, I don't.

Anyway, anyone who wants may believe that K-USA is in any truthful way any sort of "Kalashnikov USA" besides grabbing the name as if they were a branch or in any good standing with the company whose logo they exactly copy, when it's not so.

Genuine:

Rectangle Gesture Flag Line Font

Ripped off:

Gesture Font Symbol Circle Signage

Straight out of a Third World country to exactly duplicate, dead copy, a logo graphic to try to appear the real thing. Why don't they just go into handbags and call themselves Louis Vuitton USA and steal that logo too? Why not "appropriate" smart gun technology and pretend it's your own and peddle it for years? Oh that's right he already did that and had to pay a half million for ripping off the actual creator.

No. K-USA it is as the deserved name IMO, as Garandthumb used exclusively and I posted agreement with, or one could use quotation marks as in "Kalashnikov" USA to make plain it is so-called only. Your objection to my point on that is registered but I didn't find your argument compelling.

Reactions: jmau8385

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started this thread to discuss the KP-9 and PP-19 Vityaz, along with user mods and opinions.

The info posted in posts #3, #6 and #7, while it might an be interesting discussion, has nothing to do with the focus of this thread. Please discuss it further in your own thread.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anybody have a good video or link to KP-9/Vityaz bolt disassembly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts