AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a nhm90 in .223 at the local gunshow this weekend. It was the cheapest one I'd seen in this area.
It has wood furniture and the buttstock has a recoil pad. I'm wondering if this is a normal stock for this rifle. I did replace it with one with a metal buttlate .
Also had a rear sling swivel on the stock with the recoil pad. The stock I replaced it with had no sling swivel. It had four mags with it too.
It also had one of the broken looking suppressors on it. I think that this was put on after the ban went out as there are traces of a weld on the side of the front sight base. Whoever had this rifle also put the dumbest looking orangy red plastic front sight on this rifle and it is horrible looking. Need to get a metal front sight. Will most any ak sight do ok, or does it have to be a chinese sight.
This is a really clean looking rifle, almost new looking, with a little wear on the bolt and carrier runners. Pretty rifle.
Gave $425.00 for it as it was a .223. Is this out of line for this caliber of nhm90? Just interested in knowing as most of the ones I have seen were over five hundred in .223 but none of them were Norincos.

This ak is a lot better looking than either of the Rumanians I have.

Shot it today and it did ok with some fiddling with the plastic front sight thingee. Hope to do better with the proper metal black sight installed.

Kelly

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
That is a good price for a 223. Did you get 4 30rd's with it? If you did that is a great price. I have a 223 underfolder NHM90 with a threaded barrel, I can use bulgy mags in mine the black ones, the clear don't fit just right.
You can get a site from polytech inc. They are really nice ak's. Nice score.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sasm7

Glad I finally did something right.
I got three 30's and one 15 rounder with it. Still don't understand the butt stock with the recoil pad. It was well done, maybe he had it installed.
Thanks for your response.
Kelly

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Is your stock a thumbhole stock? 3 30rds =30.00 to 40.00 each lets say 110.00 for the mags take that off the purchase price and thats what you paid for the ak. Here is a pic of the stock that is normal for them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sasm7:
No, the stock lookes like a standard buttstock that someone added a recoil pad to. It doesn't look bad, just not right. I put on a standard buttstock with the metal buttplate.
I shot the rifle using wolf ammo and it did ok. I did take the bent looking suppressor off as it was just too loose to be of any real value except for it's looks.
Kelly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts