AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you all can point me in the right direction, picked up a NHM-91 all original form which I would like to convert it to a 87S. I am looking for the bipod, rpk stock, handguards and pistol grip. I have found the muzzle break already and I am not sure if I want to modify a Russian RPK stock set or look for the Chinese wood. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated since this is my first Chinese AK. Thanks!

From this

To This

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I think you are gonna have to make the stock. A regular RPK will not do it for the Chinese version.

The front hand guard could be reshaped. Front sight block moved back and the bipod placed in front of it.

I was able to cut down a thumb hole stock to get it close but it ended up breaking just aft of the rear trunion. It was not up to the task.

Good luck

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are gonna have to make the stock. A regular RPK will not do it for the Chinese version.

The front hand guard could be reshaped. Front sight block moved back and the bipod placed in front of it.

I was able to cut down a thumb hole stock to get it close but it ended up breaking just aft of the rear trunion. It was not up to the task.

Good luck
I have heard of people sanding down a Russian RPK stock and it working. After looking at the front site I will most likely leave it and just attach the bipod as is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I modified a romanian RPK stock set years ago (Chinese receivers are thicker). The butt plate is different then a Russian, but the club foot is about the same. Can't remember if I modified the foregrips or just used a standard ak grip. I also have an original 91 bipod and a different bipod that I made to fit. Didn't like it, so changes the furniture back and still have it. PM if you're interested, just sitting in my old furniture pile. Sell it very reasonably.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I took a Pkm stock cut it down and re profiled it to fit a square back waffen werks psl. Not an easy task , but as you can see its do able

000_0015-2.jpg 000_0002-4.jpg 000_0001-5.jpg 000_0014-2.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts