·
Registered
4,599 Posts
What's different on the M92? The grip?

I'm definitely interest in knowing more about the mag well on the M85

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
and now we know why J&G is blowing out the M85 and M92!

biggest difference seems to be the mag well on the M85, both of them now have the correct booster, and the M92 looks to have a hogue grip.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
makes me happy I didnt get an m85. I have a few usgi mags that dont work in my tavor. hopefully the prices arent stupid.

I wonder if vepr rpk turnnion will work in the m85s....I know thats sacrilegious but so is an AR magwell. I just dont care and think its gonna be sick. also putting on the AR adapter for the trunnion. Russian Surplus has them.

Edit, not saying its comes with rpk trunnion. saying I am thinking of installing one on it if it'll work. still have to research more. I can make it work im sure

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I see from front to back:

-correct muzzle device
-will now include the spring and detent pin?
-bulged front trunnion
-PG reinforcement plate
-Houge grip which is blah

I really hope to get an M92....just don't know if I can justify adding another AK to the collection when there are so many other things happening right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mojo100 said:
What's different on the M92? The grip?

I'm definitely interest in knowing more about the mag well on the M85
The new M92 has the same reciever and rear sight block as M85, also the correct muzzle device.
That muzzle device is in their catalog too, comes with detent parts.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I thought for sure that I was done with rifle caliber pistols (at least for now) and hear I am wanting one of each!
mojo100 said:
I'm definitely interested in knowing more about the mag well on the M85
Yeah, no shit! That might be the gun that finally gets me started on my stamp collection (but I still doubt it).

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
stop me if Im wrong here, but isn't a "correct" M92 suppose to be a smooth side trunnion?

of course if you're like me and want to put a side folder on it, then it doesn't really matter! ;)

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
lopojo said:
didnt anyone notice the rpk trunnion?

built from left over o pap parts hmmm.
missed that .. too used to seeing that on yugo guns I guess. It's definitely interesting and will provide "demand" for the old/current style for people looking to make clones.

ClayC said:
stop me if Im wrong here, but isn't a "correct" M92 suppose to be a smooth side trunnion?

of course if you're like me and want to put a side folder on it, then it doesn't really matter! ;)
Your correct. real M92s don't have the bulged trunnion.

·
Registered
631 Posts
It would be nice for my Draco to have a "companion," and I have developed an interest in the M92PV pistols. The announcement of these next gen variants is definitely interesting. Unfortunately, I still have to deal with some college-related expenses, but it can't hurt to see this next generation of pistols; I am already forced to wait anyway.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I wonder if vepr rpk turnnion will work in the m85s....I know thats sacrilegious but so is an AR magwell. I just dont care and think its gonna be sick.
Id like to see a vepr-12 wire folder on one actually! Didn't even consider it before your post. :allright:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I still don't think I've seen one of these m85/92 pistols with one of the new(er) Bonesteel folding stocks, which I've been wanting to see for some time now... Has anyone done this yet, pics?

·
Registered
394 Posts
makes me happy I didnt get an m85. I have a few usgi mags that dont work in my tavor. hopefully the prices arent stupid.

I wonder if vepr rpk turnnion will work in the m85s....I know thats sacrilegious but so is an AR magwell. I just dont care and think its gonna be sick. also putting on the AR adapter for the trunnion. Russian Surplus has them.

Edit, not saying its comes with rpk trunnion. saying I am thinking of installing one on it if it'll work. still have to research more. I can make it work im sure
Don't tell me you bought one of those adaptors from Alex he only had 2 listed. Do you want to guess who got the other one??? Like I said before you do have great taste in firearms.

Also I was going to get a M85 this pay but I think I will wait I love the magwell idea. I wonder if they will sell the magwell by itself? I still prefer the AK mags but it is nice to have the option.

It is funny that they will be offering the magwell because part of the reason I was wanting to get a M85 was the chrome lined barrel and the fact that the M85 mag will NOT fit in a SLR-106 because the mag in a little bigger, so I was thinking that the magwell had to be cut bigger on the M-85 from the factory so maybe a MSA AR mag adaptor would fit without the machining it takes to make it work in a SLR-106 or 223 saiga.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Don't tell me you bought one of those adaptors from Alex he only had 2 listed. Do you want to guess who got the other one??? Like I said before you do have great taste in firearms.

Also I was going to get a M85 this pay but I think I will wait I love the magwell idea. I wonder if they will sell the magwell by itself? I still prefer the AK mags but it is nice to have the option.

It is funny that they will be offering the magwell because part of the reason I was wanting to get a M85 was the chrome lined barrel and the fact that the M85 mag will NOT fit in a SLR-106 because the mag in a little bigger, so I was thinking that the magwell had to be cut bigger on the M-85 from the factory so maybe a MSA AR mag adaptor would fit without the machining it takes to make it work in a SLR-106 or 223 saiga.
Yeah, I managed to get a couple. Thank you Sir.

If you are looking for the magwell by itself, I think definitive arms makes one that already on the market but you're probably looking for factory parts as I would be. I want it factory installed as well. Never attempted anything like that yet so id feel better if they did that part for me. Or like you said, maybe try MSA

I dont have any M85 mags but have plenty of AR mags. So this would be a nice option for me. Its already strayed from traditional when the added the magwell so I wanted to take it a step further with the rpk trunnion and ar adapter. Stain the hand guard dark russian red or maybe get one of ronin's black hand guards for it...not sure. need the pistol first. and about a year for form 1 and time to work on it.

steel Galil mags do not fit the 106/M85 either :(

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Id like to see a vepr-12 wire folder on one actually! Didn't even consider it before your post. :allright:
Ive seen a guy on the s12 forum with a romy wire folder on his S12. If you have one of the fixed stock models, this could easily happen.

·
Technical Advisor
15,507 Posts
I think what looks like a reinforcement plate might be the mount for that wrist stock. If you hit the "NEXT" button you will se it in the Century ad.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts