AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

This is my first post here. Been into AKs for years but just found this forum. Picked up a Maddi RPM post ban type from a friend. I wanted to clean up and de ban the gun. Would a Tapco trigger set work in the gun ok? Is there anything I need to know about the Maddi when it comes to removal and re installation of the trigger parts? Is there a general tutorial somewhere for general AK trigger parts removal and installation? Is there any problem with removal of the thumbhole stock and replacement with a standard stock set? Is there anyone who has Eygyptian stock sets ? Thanks for any assitance.

Dean

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Dean, everything should go right in without any issues. I have the G2 installed in my rpm and there is a tutorial here: http://www.gunsnet.net/linx310/fcgremoval.htm
You can also chop down the thumbhole stock you have and reshape it into the standard shape like in my picture, then add a pistol grip. The chopped down thumbhole is ~ an inch longer than a real ak length Maadi stock, if you are looking for the real one they can be found here in the wts area and on gunbroker on occassion.

Here's what mine looked like after the conversion, welcome aboard and be sure to post up some pictures if you can, Razz.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Razz ! You did a beautiful job on your RPM. It looks great. Did you stain the wood or just use a clear laquer after you re worked the buttstock ? Also did you use a retaining plate or the original shepards hook after re installation of the trigger group ?

Dean

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
I'm not sure who refinished this one but it just looks to be oiled and some clear varnish over it. I used the original wire retainer but the plates are nice too, especially if you take it apart alot.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Seller by the name of "Parsi" on Gunbroker has original NOS Maadi parts sets. They are pricey as they are in great shape and aren't really that easy to come by, but he is one of the original importers of these rifles.

The only problem is 922(r) compliance when you remove the neutered thumbhole stock.

The TAPCO G2 FCG should work fine in it and the link Phil gave is a good general tutorial that is good for pretty much all AK style rifles even though he uses a Romanian in the instruction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts