AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today, and wanted to say hello.

Just put deposit down for my first AK(polish tantal 5.45mm).

I had Mac90 way back in 1995 for about month, abd have owned many gunz since then(Currently own 18 gunz), but I figure my arsonal can't be complete without varient of AK.

I'm picking it up next friday, with 1080rds tin. I can't wait!!![/img]

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome aboard. I came over from the Black Rifle side about a year ago and can tell you for sure this place is a wealth of information and good folks. :smile:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Wilkomen, bienvenue, welcome…

In what ever language...Welcome to the best AK site around.

KyAKGuy

·
Banned
344 Posts
:grin: Glad to have you aboard! Welcome, nice rifle,thinking about getting
one myself! Who are you getting it from? Please keep us updated!
Thanks! :dance:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the worm wecome guys.

I can't wait to pick this thing up, and burn through some ammo.
With my AR, I can't just "burn through" some ammo, because 5.56NATO is getting really expensive/hard to find. Usualy I shoot about 20rds, then pull out my Mosin M44, and shoot the snot out of it until either out of ammo or my sholder is out of place.
With 7.62x54r being something like $4 for 20rds, i can do that. Not with 5.56....

with Tantal, 5.45 is still cheap(my dealer have 1080rds tin for $140).
But I'm now very concered about this whole "keyhole" issues which appearently plague many century arm build tantal's.
Mine is low serial(TTL 01783), and .....

Well, at least I guess CAI does warrenty them if thats the case...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Welcome..wont be long till that 1 turns into 2...it is what happens when you hang out here and see everyones nice AK's...must have more..LOL..

·
Banned
344 Posts
I would not worry to much about the keyhole issue, it only affected some
of the very earliest and i did hear, that 6 weeks ago they said they fixed it. i had heard that all of the tantals made by Interarms were selling like hotcakes and the first ones they made were great. But all made in last months or so are also having severe problems, actually worse than Century! I wish you all the best and dont worry to much, Century does have a great warranty! Again, all the best! :dance:
In a way you might be lucky and have a limited ed. rifle, :razz: Century told my dealer 3 weeks ago that there will be no more tantals! I guess to to lack of kits.Thanks! :lol:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
just send me your $25 membership fee and your all set! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Just put deposit down for my first AK(polish tantal 5.45mm).
That thing needs a Polish PG. Swap out the gas piston and you're gtg.

btw, all new guys must post pics of their wife/girlfriend in the rec room.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Just_Parker said:
Uhh, did you forget? We had to raise it, its $50 now, and it should be sent to me. :twisted:

·
Registered
882 Posts
rdm said:
Just_Parker said:
Uhh, did you forget? We had to raise it, its $50 now, and it should be sent to me. :twisted:
Actually the fee is now a Polish Tantal, and it should be shipped to me. Thanks for your cooperation.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome;I built my wz88 and as for ammo I pay $260 for 2 cans[2160rds] shipped to my door. These rifles are great.

GUNS-R-FUN

1 - 18 of 18 Posts