AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Zastava Arms USA is shipping PAPm92 pistola with a polymer Zastava magazine that I haven't seen before. Anyone have any info on these? I assume they are different from the AC Unity mags.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few different versions of these. I have seen them in both AC Unity and Zastava boxes, so I assume that they are OEM for Zastava, similar to Colt sending out AR15s with mag puls.
Makes sense. Is there any substantive difference between the zastava branded units and the AC Unity units other than the waffle pattern differences? Because the AC unity units have a bad reputation (if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Serbian polymer mags with the slightly
different waffle pattern and BHO follower are definitely GTG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Serbian polymer mags with the slightly
different waffle pattern and BHO follower are definitely GTG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any difference in construction to the afore mentioned Bosnian magazines?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
better picture via our friends at russmilitary. Note the floor plate and improvements vs the "AC UNITY" product.

ak47_zastava_magazines.jpg

·
Technical Advisor
15,516 Posts
The AC Unity magazines in 7.62 will accept a standard Arsenal or Bulgarian 7.62 or AK74 steel floorplate.

The 5.45 Unity mags use a different floorplate.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The AC Unity magazines in 7.62 will accept a standard Arsenal or Bulgarian 7.62 or AK74 steel floorplate.

The 5.45 Unity mags use a different floorplate.
Yeah, aside from the floorplate, waffle pattern, polymer composition, and dimensions it is the same magazine....

·
Technical Advisor
15,516 Posts
Some of the Unity mags lack the metal covering on the rear of the BHO follower in the magazine.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some of the Unity mags lack the metal covering on the rear of the BHO follower in the magazine.
All I am saying, is these have significantly different design characteristics. I want to get one for some scientific testing.

·
Technical Advisor
15,516 Posts
Yeah, aside from the floorplate, waffle pattern, polymer composition, and dimensions it is the same magazine....
Dunno., is that what you verified? Not clear what you are saying?

I do not have a comparison or examples of other patterns. I was just noting differences and fitment in some of the AC Unity mags I have in hand.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dunno., is that what you verified? Not clear what you are saying?

I do not have a comparison or examples of other patterns. I was just noting differences and fitment in some of the AC Unity mags I have in hand.
my only comparison is the photos so far. You ever see the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? I think we are at this stage:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a few of these here in europe. 40-rounders with bolt hold open. Just 10$/each. Haven't had time to run them that much yet though, but feels sturdy.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just received a small sample from Zastava USA. These are NOT the same construction as the AC Unity magazines. When the state of Washington opens DNR land for shooting, I will fully test them. Initial impressions are EXTREMELY positive...

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
apex just got in these from zastava but they look a little different from the picture

they also have them with steel lug.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pat: Id like to see a review of those. Tora Plastiks is the company that makes them not Zastava.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts