AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my anniversary , mt Wonderfull gf bought me a yugo milled parts kit from apex with everything but the rear stock , ive never built a milled one before so any tips would be greatly appreciated, how do you headspace, do regular pistons and fire control parts work?Any "quirks" in building, thanks.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can either build on a new milled receiver or do a reweld of the old receiver stubs. Some milled guns have threaded barrels but the Yugo M70s are just pressed and pinned like regular stamped kits so installing them is about the same. If you're doing a reweld the headspace should be okay (probably should check it though); if you're building on a new receiver headspace it as you install and pin the barrel in place. If it doesn't line up with the old hole on the new receiver, redrill and install a larger pin.

FCG and gas piston are the same. Most all parts are the same. Sometimes the gas tubes are different (either vented or non), sometimes the furniture is different (not on the Yugo though), but everything else should be the interchangeable.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The differences between a stamped and milled kit are pretty much non critical and cosmetic... pistons, fcg.. etc etc will work the same. In fact, the milled build should be easier than a stamped build as there's much less riveting. You will have to re-headspace if building on a new milled receiver though, and plan for an oversized pin. (it's easy) dowel pins are cheap, and a reamer is only about $8. There were some issues with the ORF receiver if you go with that, but I think they hammered out all the bugs with the exception of the mag height issue, but that's an easy enough fix.

Here's an old thread that might help.
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewto ... highlight=

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You call your girlfriend Mt. Wonderfull and she still buys you stuff?

Sorry, couldn't resist! :twisted:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I cant type, MY WONDERFULL, GF, how is that, and I only call her that behind her back ~lol~ :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts