AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Yeah this popped up on the bitcoin thing, too. Not surprising they'd use an encrypted network thats mostly known for buying drugs and other illegalities. Realistically, if internet travels further and further from anonymity I foresee TOR becoming an the balancing equation between government interdiction and freedom of electronic movement. I'd be curious to see how widespread TOR is in places like China.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tommo said:
http://freebeacon.com/anonymous-jihad/
chankge the URL to freeBACON.com and they wouldn't want to use it :grin:

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
mrkermit said:
Yeah this popped up on the bitcoin thing, too. Not surprising they'd use an encrypted network thats mostly known for buying drugs and other illegalities. Realistically, if internet travels further and further from anonymity I foresee TOR becoming an the balancing equation between government interdiction and freedom of electronic movement. I'd be curious to see how widespread TOR is in places like China.
How do you know that they (the .gov) haven't took control of a large part of the TOR network? There has been research published that if you control a large percent of the TOR endpoints, you can start to track users. Not a lot of people want to run endpoints as they are afraid of legalities of running the server. Wonder how many are ran by .gov shell companies?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I'm smelling what you're stepping in but I thought the idea behind TOR in general is that it is supposed to be pretty good protection, not the be-all end-all of secure communications. An interesting theory you provide though... very Bourne Identity. Who knows. I would like to learn more about TOR though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts