AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got from shot show. At the Chiappa booth they had a romy type rifle. To me it looked exactly like the wasr 22 but was finished out much better. Same bolt design but the casting was much cleaner looking. They also added a plastic part on top chamber to keep the empty rounds from going into cover. I had been making plastic plugs for mine to stop this. The mags were 10 rd and looked just like the original 10s we got with the wasrs. I have not tested the gun but I'm confident our high cap will be a match. They said the raised the quality control of the gun and I could see that is true.
i told the guy there was a market for just te parts and bolts alone. He took notes and my info. They say import starts April/may, retail just under $400. Dealer just under $300. It looks like the real deal, our pet gun is not dead and cross fingers for parts! I will post a pic

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice! I just acquired a second one recently. Paid a little more than $400, but it came with several mags and shipping, so I'm alright with that.

on closer inspection, I don't think that picture is a .22, just a 7.62 with a small mag in it. The rivet pattern is not the same as the .22's, nor is the dust cover, and the carrier is definitely too heavy to be a .22 bolt unless they've totally redesigned it. That seems unlikely given that their blowback 9mms are built pretty similarly to the earlier .22s

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Kevin, did you ask them if they are going to do a RPK version like yours? That would be nice to see, especially if 'somebody' made a 40 round mag for them. hint, hint, hint!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last post is the real one, I didn't ask about the rpk version. The guy there didn't know a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
That's cool. Aside from the retro Brownells stuff, this is the most exciting thing I've seen from SHOT this year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya it may be a sleeper, build quality looked way better than past attempts.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Would be interesting to see if they modified the extractor and rest of the bolt parts in this one. Otherwise they have just put lipstick on a ...........well not a pig, but it really needed work.

I have two and they work because of folks like Kevin at Black Dog who spent time and effort to bring us good parts.

Kevin, for that, THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The ejection port area looks a bit different in the second pic. As well as the rivet pattern ?? So which is the actual rifle that we`'ll be getting...the first pic with 3 rivets in front reunion or

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would probably buy one at that price. I could never get my kit build running properly (probably a bad choice for my first AK build) and it's been sitting in the safe for a few years after an OOB waiting for me to get the time to rebuild it.

Also, it will be nice to give business to a company importing Cugir products that isn't Century.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nice, I'd snag one for the kids!

·
Registered
300 Posts
The ejection port area looks a bit different in the second pic. As well as the rivet pattern ?? So which is the actual rifle that we`'ll be getting...the first pic with 3 rivets in front reunion or
The .22's are like the second photo, the one further up is a regular ak with a mag in it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes they failed on that first photo. Second is correct. I've got some pics of the mag well but I failed to take pics of entire gun.

Reactions: otus

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The famas version is the only rimfire variant I don't have in the collection

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am in contact with the manufacturer, I think we will be able to get parts and most important the new complete bolts!
Production wont happen until April/May but will keep you posted

Reactions: otus

·
Banned
161 Posts
Not that interested with the rivet patterns, etc, my main interest is how accurate it is, based on the AK platform.

Having been raised owning Rem., Winchesters and a Marlin 39A, one thing I take for granted and expect shooting .22's is tack driving accuracy.

If it groups like a 7.62 and I can outshoot it, not interested.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts