AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RA has an update on their website indicating an anticipated arrival date of late June for the VEPR's. At the risk of making too much of an assumption, it would seem that RA has at least secured the immediate right to continue to import the VEPR into the country and that Izhmash/Molot will continue to manufacture them.

How long it will last and if the VEPR's actually make it into the U.S. on time is anyone's guess. :roll:

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank god man! at least alex robinson wasn't lying to me when he told me that date when i spoke to him on tuesday. any news on the specificatons of the new vepr? cause i've been waiting for my 7.62 for months and supposivley i'm suppost to get one of those new and improved ones.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am anxious to see these "New and improved" VEPRs. What could they improve on them? Besides making them full auto or putting a galil safety on them......I fear that they listened to the non VEPR owners and are making them with traditional furniture....Many, I would say, the majority of the VEPR owners I have spoken with like the current furniture. Maybe they will have 2 versions. One in the original style and one that accepts the new furniture......

But then again this may all be wishful thinking.....We'll see IF, <--Thats a big if, and when they get them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard telling what, if anything has been improved.

Maybe they are referring to their customer service. Now THAT!!! would be a huge improvement.

I very much doubt that they've done anything significant in the way of major redesign to the weapon chasis itself. That would be timeconsuming, very expensive and the product is already a success. I'd bet it'll be in the way of furniture and finish options, maybe muzzle attachments and sighting systems and accessories, but I am just looking at it from a marketing/cost-effective perspective. Who knows what they will do?

I just hope that they get the damned things here (this time) on time. :roll:

·
Registered
93 Posts
My information about the new Veprs is that they probably will not have the rear slant cut receiver. Supposedly Molot put this cut on the Vepr as a means to help keep Izhmash from suing them for patent infringement. Didn't work. Now that Izhmash owns Vepr I would expect them to be made to accept normal AK stocks. I also understand that there may be a front and rear sight change.

We might expect Izhmash to put the front sight on the end of the gas tube instead of the barrel like the Ak 103 series and the Krebs models.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I dont know if I would want them to shorten the sights any. Unless they shortened the barrel, like an SBR model......Krink built on a VEPR frame would be the shit!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
the Vepr is the most accurate AK in the world. If the new owners of Molot change the barrel to something that is flimsy and inaccurate I wouldn't buy one. I also wouldn't sell any of my Veprs for less than $2000 to 2500 dollars each.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with you guys...I don't want them to change them either. Although I wouldn't mind the slant cut reciever being changed to a regular AK profile. That would allow the use of any standard AK butt stock without a ton of hassles. Maybe that's why RA has folding stocks for the stamped AK's on their site that they will fit any AK. I think that that explains alot of things, don't you?

As far as the other concerns, if they do screw 'em up really bad like giving them light barrels or abandoning the RPK reciever in favor of the AK type, I won't sell mine at all and I bet prices on the ones out there'll go through the roof.

Guess it's best to just keep thinking positive thoughts and hope that they come through better than ever.

On second thought, after reviewing what AZSAIGA said above as to sights being changed, I wouldn't mind seeing the front sight at the front of the gas block and the rear one on the rear of the reciever cover because with the right furniture you could come really close to a Galil pattern weapon platform. Now THAT would be tits !!! :grin:

I also agree with 762 BD... a krink on a VEPR platform would be mighty nice also.

Geez, if all this happens I'll need to get a new gunsafe and take out a second mortgage for all the new guns.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am just afraid they they will listen to all the non VEPR owners and change the things they complain about, All the current owners like the furniture, I think the Aks with a 16 in barrell, and the sights on the gas block look funny, I thought about putting a sight/gas block combo on my .308, but after photoshopping it and cutting the front site off I decided it would just look funny. Along with shortening the sight radius. I opted to keep the sights the way they are so if something happens to the scope, I would still have good accuracy.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Now I'm going to have all this VEPR information running around in my head all night.
I'll be lucky if I can get to sleep by 3 am.

·
Registered
38 Posts
like you guys are talking about. this will be my 1st vepr and i'm just paranoid that the new veprs will be shit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Dont worry Trev, there will be many people selling the old stylet veprs to fund the new style, My plan is to snatch up an old one for cheap, Then sit and wait to see how the new ones turn out. I never jump on the bandwagon and buy the "Next big thing" untill its not new anymore, Or untill it has been field tested and some reviews are out about it. [tommyboy]"You could be buying a gauranteed piece of shit"[/tommyboy]
I have a feeling that, if the new ones are as changed as they say they are the VEPRs we all, Except for Xcibes :wink:, Love will be flooding the EEs on all the boards at somewhat lower prices!
But I am no Nostradamus, so we will have to wait and see!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know one thing for sure. If they change them, I won't be letting any of mine go at any price. I like them too much to do that. If they do turn out to be crap do not doubt that I will be really disappointed, but I'll just find another AK variant out there (just getting into the Arsenal USA/ Bulgarian variants) and accept the "faults" that they have like possible finish issues and know that they can be refnished in the worst possible scenario.
Life is too short to get all twisted up over one variant of a rifle to the exclusion of all others.

Honestly, I think that the new VEPRs'll be just fine, though, so don't lose any sleep over it Trev.

My little bit of VEPR blasphemy for the day: :eek: There are other AK variants out there besides the VEPR. :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, there are other AK variants on the market that are as accurate as Veprs. Their names are Galils and Valmets. Finding an Ak as accurate as a Vepr is not an every day ocurrance. Thats the reasons that I believe that if they put cheap barrels on them, we will also have collecters Items.

·
Registered
621 Posts
AZSAIGA said:
Yes, there are other AK variants on the market that are as accurate as Veprs. Their names are Galils and Valmets. Finding an Ak as accurate as a Vepr is not an every day ocurrance. Thats the reasons that I believe that if they put cheap barrels on them, we will also have collecters Items.
Great point....Even the best arsenal, can not outshoot a vepr.....

Its not a dream, mark my words....If they come out with a "NEW" VEPR. People will want them, they will be selling their old ones. At first they will ask regular used price 500-600 bucks....After a few btts they will start dropping thier prices, People are naturally gonna want to be in on the ground floor of something new......And the faithful ones like us....I think were gonna make out....Only changes I would want to see on the VEPRs would be a bayonette lug, threaded barrell for standard breaks.....and thats about it.....and some high caps for my .308

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did the mention of the new VEPR's having a new, lightweight barrel come from a source, or is it something someone just thought up as a possibility?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Its all speculation. Robarms said that the new veprs were gonna have some changes to them, Or something to that effect. Everything after that is just conjurations of everybodies immagination.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts