AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to every one. Im new here and im have an issue with my wasr 10. I have own the rifle for 3 yrs now and never had any issues with the gun except for not being able to make up my mind on the accessories. Any way needless to say its broke in as i estimate about 4k to 5k rounds down range with regular maintenance. I have always used tapco and steel mags with no issues. No natorus wasr mag wobble. I now own 4 ak 47 variations and found that the thermold 30 round mags and the 5 round tapco mags, which i have never used but came with an ak i got off armslist are haveing major issues in just my wasr 10. The tapco feeds one round and wont caught the next rounsd every time. The thermold has wobble so bad that the mag sits to low to feed or will feed a round half way and jam. Thinking its the mags being damaged i ordered a new 30 thermold 5 tapco and 10 tapco from midwayusa. The 10 round tapco works perfect. The other two mags have the same problems as the used ones. So i ordered a m&m industry mag release lever kit to replace the original wasr mag release thinking it worn out. The new mag release was to thick to fit in the cut out for it on the gun so i removed a small amount of material on each side of the new mag release so that it has plenty of room to move freely.

So now the issue. The new mag release locks all my steel mags perfect. The thermold mags lock up perfect as well. The 5 and 10 round tapcos lock up fine. No feeding issues with these mags.

However, the 30 round tapcos lock up enough to feed rounds, james 2 rounds per mag minimal and when running drills droping to prone the mag will knock completely out of the gun without touching the mag release. Every single tapco30 round mag that was so perfectly made for my favorite ak is not locking up and will just flip out as if i was doing a mag change with out wanting or intending for it to. I have 25 tapco 30 mags and have bout 60 thermold that came with guns or ammo i bought. Steel mags are not an issue either mag release.

so please advice on how to get both mags to work in my gun. I perfer to not make these mags that gun type fix because 1 thats annoying as hell and 2 a waste of time if i ever need these tools of self reliance in a shtf/rwol event, i perfer that all my mags work in my 4 ak variations . Please help me get my wasr on board with the rest of it family. Thanks all the reply

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I run probably a set of 10 tapcos in my 7.62 polish, hungarian and couple of converted saigas without any issues whatsoever.
with that being said when i had WASR i had all sorts of complains. food for thought.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i fixed my own problem. A bastered file and 2 minutes per tapco mag and now they lock up like before. And they feed just fine. The m&m industry mag release is quite abit taller then the standard mag release. The mags just needed shaved. So maybe i can get a bit of help with another issue, i have 2 vepr rifles both in 762x39. One was converted when i got it the other is still a sporter type configuration. If i convert it is there specific atf guide lines i have to follow. I have never converted a rifle. Just sbr my pap m92. Thanks agin gor any advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.