AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃榿
Well, I bid on a Model AKS 762 this morning, I might have been sleeping still馃榿 I really wanted one of these and maybe this one is a good one, but the bolt is none matching and I'm not sure on the rest of the parts numbers. Did these ever come in new but with none matching numbered parts? Seller said barrels good and all functions as it should, didn't really know much else about it.
Thanks for looking.

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Gas Door
Wood Font Metal Rectangle Hardwood

Wood Font Electric blue Flooring Rectangle
Textile Plant Wood Air gun Art

Registered
Who is the importer? Any other markings on that piece? I've never seen that prefix on the serial number before. Very strange (to me anyways).

Registered
Keng鈥檚 Family imported many of their Poly Technology rifles with that serial number sequence. Unfortunately for you they all had matching numbers on all marked parts. Very nice and very desirable rifle though not as collectible with a different numbered bolt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information, when looking at the rifle photos overall, it really looks to not have much handling or wear to me, the receiver retains a very deep bluing? and the decal is still on the mag. It is weird the original bolt was swapped out, and yes, I thought that was a 416 and now that I look better, I would say it's a 016-factory code, so what does that mean.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Registered
I'll have to give it a better look over when it gets here. Here is a photo of the bolt that's in it, I am still waiting to find out from the seller, who the importer was on it. You guys want to say what its value should be? I guess this will teach me to be more care full before I roll out of bed and place a bid next time :rolleyes: I might still bid on this one Norinco AKM-47S AK47 AK-47 7.62x39 Pre Ban! New in box! No Reserve! - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 966615009
View attachment 352221
It's a nice 416 polytech ak most likely imported by kfs.....so is the bolt carrier and bolt match and different from the rest of the gun

Registered
About the Sile import you link to, first I never dreamed I would see a 56S variant sell for over $3000!!! Second, the Chinese would mark their firearms per USA importer request.

While the very first iteration by Mr. Kalashnikov was marked 鈥淎K-47鈥 the rifle wasn鈥檛 accepted and put into production until 1949. The Soviets called them Automatic Kalashnikovs (AK) and Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized (AKM). During the Vietnam thing the US media gave them the designation of AK-47 and it stuck so well that even Mr K himself once used that name.

When the Chinese tried to get into the very large USA market, a couple of importers specified the AK 47 designation with the S to show semi auto only. When they didn鈥檛 sell the importers went to the Chinese designation of 56S. What they didn鈥檛 realize was the reason they didn鈥檛 sell was the Vietnam thing was still fresh in our memories and nobody wanted one of those 鈥渃ommie rifles鈥. Years later when people realized the quality and legend behind them they started selling but unfortunately George Bush the First decided that they were too evil looking and would turn honest owners into horrible baby killers. Post Bush1 ban variants followed and then the total ban by William Jefferson Clinton.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure of this (so is the bolt carrier and bolt match and different from the rest of the gun) I'll have to wait for the rifle to arrive and I'll get you guys all the good information on it with photos :cool: Thanks IndyKid for the above info, good stuff to know. I was bidding on the one I posted a link for, and I took it up to the 3K price. Then I thought what am I doing, I just would like a nice shooter Poly, so that's when I went for the one, I've posted about. It's a good day just being here with Family and friends, I'm sure the one I have coming is just right for me 馃コ

Registered
Pre 1989 banned guns
I'll have to give it a better look over when it gets here. Here is a photo of the bolt that's in it, I am still waiting to find out from the seller, who the importer was on it. You guys want to say what its value should be? I guess this will teach me to be more care full before I roll out of bed and place a bid next time :rolleyes: I might still bid on this one Norinco AKM-47S AK47 AK-47 7.62x39 Pre Ban! New in box! No Reserve! - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 966615009
View attachment 352221
The bolt and carrier should have the last 4 digits of the serial number stamped on them.

For an valve of an 鈥淣IB鈥 never fired, serial number matching w/box and all accessories full wood stock 56S, I would say $3500 a $4000 would be the very top of the value in today鈥檚 market.
If it was an Poly legend or an folder or Bakelite stock, it would be higher.
For an used, non matching full wood stock 56S in average condition (shooter), sub $2000 in today鈥檚 market.
NIB MAK 90 sells for $1200 - $1600

1 - 15 of 15 Posts