AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to the forum and I am looking at buying my first AK. Not looking to spend a whole lot. Probably $600 or less. Been looking at the Yugo N PAP for roughly $600 (after transfer fee). Could I get a better quality AK or AK variant at that price point? Open to all suggestions. Willing to spend more if I can get an AK that is substantially better than the NPAP. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Flashpoint. I looked at that post already and am seriously considering it but Id rather get the wood furniture because that's what I want. Should've put that in my requirements above.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thanks for the reply Flashpoint. I looked at that post already and am seriously considering it but Id rather get the wood furniture because that's what I want. Should've put that in my requirements above.
Then you should get the O-PAP. I would personally get a factory built gun instead of a parts kit. There are many positive reviews on the Yugo PAP rifles. For your price range there is really only a Yugo or Romanian WASR and I would get the Yugo over the WASR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Then you should get the O-PAP. I would personally get a factory built gun instead of a parts kit. There are many positive reviews on the Yugo PAP rifles. For your price range there is really only a Yugo or Romanian WASR and I would get the Yugo over the WASR.
Agreed.....I have owned an O-PAP and they are one solid rifle, can't beat em for the price!

·
Registered
200 Posts
N PAP is also very nice with nicer new furniture. The N stands for NEW by the way. The N PAP receiver measures .059 so yes it has the heavier metal.
Buy what you can afford and go from there.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the IO Economy Sporter AK?
I hate to be frank, but hell no!! It is a parts gun build by I.O. who is known for piss poor quality and worthless customer service. Do not buy a parts kit gun from them, which the economy is. The I.O. Polish AK has decent reviews, but it's not made by FB Radom, only a company in Poland. Again, in your price range I would stick with a Yugo O-PAP or N-PAP. Do not buy a piece of crap rifle as your first AK. Buy quality. The Yugo's really aren't that expensive and for the quality you cannot go wrong with these at all, plus Century actually has a good warranty for their rifles now.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Get an O-Pap. They run about $100 more than a N-Pap, but to me it's worth it. Thicker receiver, etc. Locally, N-Paps are $469, so O-Paps are $569. GARY

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Only slight drawback I can see to the newer imported Zastava rifles is that the night sights aren't there and you are somewhat restricted in the handguard swapping department.They are very robust and should serve as a great AK to shoot and hold on to. I would buy one over a 10-63 WASR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts