AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you buy: N pap for $545.00 or Wasr 10/63 for $518.00?

Looking for an AK in this price range. Don't plan on adding any after market item to either. Rifle will see about 95% range time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I would go with the yugo. Do you have the change to feel both? That might sway you in one direction or the other...

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
You really need to fondle both IMO to see which one you like best. Don't buy the wasr without inspecting it for canted sights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
what the above dude said....the yugo will be a bit heavier than the WASR. They are tanks but that adds to their character/toughness. I would go yugo.

·
Registered
710 Posts
My WASR is great. Feels like I post that weekly around here.

Only issue I had was the mag release was tough to push forward. I heard a little filing takes care of it, but I never bothered with it. It kinda smoothed out on its own.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
As I stated in my earlier post, WASR. They may be bottom of the barrel but you hardly ever hear of any problems with them. They flat out run. The yugos are nice rifles but they are heavy. Also the fact of interchangeability between parts with other AKs is a shortcoming. But yugo rifles are one of the most accurate AKs out there. However, I have no experience with the PAP rifles so I can't comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts