AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New TGI FEG AMD-65, Is This A Correct Sling?

I was able to find a TGI FEG AMD-65 today, so I'm pretty happy about that; but I want to make sure this sling I found in my AK grab-bag is the right one for it...

IMG_6827_zpse07fbb01.jpg

From the pics I found online, it is; but confirmation by an "expert" would be appreciated! :wink:

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
That's definitely a Hungarian sling, but I can't confirm 100% that the standard leather sling was for all models. I want to say that is the case though.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not sure how "definitive" this is, but when I was issuing brand new, out-of-the-crate, AMD-65's to the Afghan National Police a few years ago, they also received those thick leather slings and a ugly green or brown vinyl Hungarian pouches too. Everything was stuffed into the same Hungarian crates.

The Swear In2.JPG
At a swear-in ceremony.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
That's the right one, and the standard for stamped rifles.

The milled era.... Not so sure.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, it looks like that sling is good to go; and I took the rifle to the range this morning and had a blast!

Ran four mags through her, two steel and two TAPCOs; she ate everything I fed her and it didn't matter whether I held the front pistol grip or the mag, she operated as advertised! :animak:

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Not sure how "definitive" this is, but when I was issuing brand new, out-of-the-crate, AMD-65's to the Afghan National Police a few years ago, they also received those thick leather slings and a ugly green or brown vinyl Hungarian pouches too. Everything was stuffed into the same Hungarian crates.

View attachment 1391
At a swear-in ceremony.
Great pictures.

Is it just me, or do the ANA guys always seem to have a deer-in-the-headlights look on their faces?

·
Technical Advisor
15,524 Posts
The top rifle in the pic AK63F (AMM) has a cloth Hungarian grey/green sling. It has unique metal keepers and a different looking 'D' ring. I believe this replaced or is the later version of the unique earlier leather sling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts