AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well more like just a new truck! (New to me anyways) I had my old truck for 10 years, it was paid off and ran like a top but it was just to small with 2 kids and wife. It was a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner single cab.

New truck, 2012 Tacoma Double cab, 4x4 automatic.

I wanted a 6speed manual, TRD off road in black, but you can't get every thing you want in life lol.

·
Super Moderator
26,337 Posts
Nice! I've been thinking of getting a new truck, but I love not making the payments for several years now. :wink: I'm going to have to eventually though....

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Nice! pretty darn close to what i want to get.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Not really looking forward to taking on a new payment though lol.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Think I'll always stick with the Chevy 350 in my truck... 240K on it and still ticking... I have lusted after a Toyota though... just wouldn't seem right without a squad of ANA inside, a PKM on the back, and diesel smoke coming out the bottom :grin:

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Nice. The Tacoma is what Im looking at next.

·
Registered
121 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
Well more like just a new truck! (New to me anyways) I had my old truck for 10 years, it was paid off and ran like a top but it was just to small with 2 kids and wife. It was a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner single cab.

I wanted a 6speed manual, TRD off road in black, but you can't get every thing you want in life lol.
How did the 2 kids ride along in the single cab, did you stick them on the gun rack?? :bow:

·
Registered
580 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:

I have an 05' TRD six speed same color as yours bought new....let me tell you partner after 60K miles...you want the automatic and the softer ride. I admit cruzing around town in sixth doing about 1200rpm saves the gas but the brackets on the shifter are out according to my fixer and I think the clutch is close to needing replacement. Your automatic doesn't need service till 100K. This TRD is the ruffest ride I have ever owned. I have had 1986 axis cab, 1993 SR5 4Runner, 2002 SR5 4Runner, and the 2005 TRD. All were 4x4 but I am looking at a Jeep Rubicon as my next replacement.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice, I traded in my '05 TRD sport access cab for a Black '12 Access Cab TX Pro Baja Series last year. Nothing better on the road today than a Tacoma, fact that they're the most American vehicles on the road is nice too.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
That's a badass truck, congrats.

Some of my friends here in Philly actually have SHTF motorcycles, something I really need to stop putting off. If there was ever an attack here, I'd definitely have very few options for escaping with our absolute shitty highways here.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Can't save up or sell few guns?
Really, money should only be borrowed on real estate purchases, and maybe only on the first one. Thats how it is in most countries anyway.

JoeMomma said:
Nice! I've been thinking of getting a new truck, but I love not making the payments for several years now. :wink: I'm going to have to eventually though....

·
Registered
641 Posts
Those Tacomas are BULLETPROOF.
I bought a brand new one back in 05 and had it till 09 when I got a F 250 Powerstroke.
I was amazed the F 250 was getting better mileage than the Tacoma! :bd:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stoyan79 said:
Can't save up or sell few guns?
Really, money should only be borrowed on real estate purchases, and maybe only on the first one. Thats how it is in most countries anyway.

JoeMomma said:
The money was cheap enough at 1.5%. I would never sell guns for a vehicle lol. Useless I was really in a tight spot which I am not.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jmau8385 said:
Those Tacomas are BULLETPROOF.
I bought a brand new one back in 05 and had it till 09 when I got a F 250 Powerstroke.
I was amazed the F 250 was getting better mileage than the Tacoma! :bd:
If only they would sell or import a diesel tacoma!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be the ultimate tacoma! (Really just a hilux lol) 4cyl turbo diesel with 6speed manual! Maybe we could import some back as war trophies from dead Taliban lol.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have been driving Toyota pickups since 1983. My current one is similar to the OPs. But I got the extended cab V6 PreRunner 2 wheel drive. I put close to 225K on my last one and still got $4000. for it when I sold it. I should get 10 to 15 years out of this one with luck.

Old Sarge

1 - 20 of 20 Posts