AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, another wave of goodies has reached my door. I thought I would post pics.

With the purchase of these boots, I think I have completed a Serbian military field uniform. There is a pair of Serb boots on Ebay from 1966, but the seller wanted too much and they are old. A few weeks ago, these popped up.

I asked the seller about boot markings to make sure they were Serb. He said the only markings were "Euro 44" which constitutes a size of 11 in the US, my size. He said that a friend of his is Serb and recently had to return home for mandatory military drills. They issued him 2 pairs of boots. He didn't want the second pair so he told his friend to sell them on Ebay. $108 plus shipping later, I won them.

There are further markings inside and it may have a date of 12 07 as time of manufacture (see pic). Quality? Ok, but nothing like Czech made shoes. There are also what seems to be cardboard temporary insoles in them which I can't pick out.

Next: Full set of Arkan's Tigers left and right arm patches. The white one is the winter version.

Next: Serb army issue balaclava cap (dark blue, new) with Chetnik patch...

Next: Serb camo cap, brand new. Size 59. It doesn't fit my big fat head unfortunately unless I shave my head. This came from Commisar Paul in Texas.

Next: Serb field jacket, M93. Brand new made in 1999. Even smells new. $22 + $27 shipping.

Next: Bosnian AK mag pouch from Phil Razz. New. Seems like a copy of the Serb AK mag pouch.

Next: unknown bayonet. Shipped from Serbia. I have another thread on this forum asking for an ID.

When I have some time, I will photograph all of the collection and wear the full garb in pics.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Dude, that mag pouch is bad ass. The bayonet is for the M56, which is similar to an MP40. The frogs are really rare.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sweet!

Im gonna post some of my patches later today. Are the boots comfy? Im gonna get me a pair when I visit Serbia again in a couple of months.

by the way, Here are two pics I took when I visited Arkans grave last summer:

Edit: Im actually thinking about joining the Serbian Army, imagine how much stuff I could get for free

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Edit: Im actually thinking about joining the Serbian Army, imagine how much stuff I could get for free
:neutral: Are you seriously contemplating that - you might want to give that some more thought before doing it for gear.

·
Registered
104 Posts
rayman1 said:
:neutral: Are you seriously contemplating that - you might want to give that some more thought before doing it for gear.
Im not doing it for gear, that was a joke. If there is a war in Kosovo I will join the army, I have no doubts about that.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
SeaZast said:
Next: Serb army issue balaclava cap (dark blue, new) with Chetnik patch...

You've got a great collection. Thank you for showing it.

That Chetnik patch is very similar to one in a photo in Chris McNab's book, The AK-47. Do you have any details about it? Here's a scan of the photo:

·
Registered
104 Posts
^ I have that exact patch, but no info about it. I only know that 'chetnik' volunteers used those patches during the war.

Edit: here's a bad pic of almost all my Serb patches:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments fellas!

Yep, Jason, I did a search and came up with the M65. It was Goran's mistake by sending this one to me. I don't mind, as I am planning on trading this one for a M70 bayo or one of those Yugo Orchid paratrooper knives.

Kingsley, awesome photos. I'll pay you $500 for that pewter plaque if you ever revisit! Just kidding... I tried one boot on for size, but haven't really walked around in them yet. I have a feeling they won't be so comfy.

Richard, I don't have that patch. That one looks plastic and I'm trying to stick to the cloth ones. Trident Military might have a cloth version of that one. I do have another Chetnik patch that I will post later.

Kingsley, very nice collection! I think that Arkan patch with the blue sword is fairly rare. I've been scoring some good ones too. I have a black version of the standard red sleeve patch. Apparently its rare and was never fully issued or was reserved for the higher ups.

I came across a very good site about Serb patches. It is hosted by this moustached joker in Zagreb (see his pic). Browse around this site for excellent info... http://www.geocities.com/kokosar2000/se ... itary.html

Also check out his main page for all patches. Some of his links do not work though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts