AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to sell my C & R's a some years back after a divorce. I figured I'd never get back into it because the pieces I had were so rare, I'd never find anything like them again, but...

...doors have been opening lately, it seems. Got this from an acquaintance back east, he has a really great collection. I just love M39's, I've owned several and they shoot great.

This is my one and only but hey, look who's back in... :smile:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Beautiful, I want one so bad it hurts!

·
Super Moderator
25,766 Posts
Love the stock on that one!

mrkermit said:
Beautiful, I want one so bad it hurts!
Try Pat Jones, she has some good ones left.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
No better way to get back into it than an M39. That Sky cartouche is very cool! Don't know the detailed history of this rifle, but haven't seen one like that before. Mine have the typical round Sako stamps. Always nice to see the top of the receiver/barrel on these (hint).

·
Super Moderator
25,766 Posts
Is it marked SKY by chance?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure is! How did you know? It's a 1944-date Sk.Y by Sako...

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Delacroix said:
Because that's a Sky cartouche, not a Sako.

·
Super Moderator
25,766 Posts
AZAK said:
Delacroix said:
Because that's a Sky cartouche, not a Sako.
Yep. I want to add at least one SKY marked 39 one day. I always poo pooed the Mosins until I shot an M39...accurate as hell. :smile:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed! The M39s feel better to me, ergonomically, than 91/30's do, as well. I love 'em!

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
JoeMomma said:
Yep. I want to add at least one SKY marked 39 one day. I always poo pooed the Mosins until I shot an M39...accurate as hell. :smile:

Same with me, but then I didn't fully appreciate what an M39 is until I bought my second one, a post-war built "B" barrel that some armorer had spent time on. Stock was shimmed just right and it had a beautifully done trigger job. Tack driver, dead-on right out of the box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts