AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
take a look at this questionable Norinco 5.56 and let me know what you think.
is it a 84S reissued as a nhm90 ?
i may purchase it and try to restore the furniture which looks to be painted wood?
Any idea on price......the guy is completely clueless about the gun and started at 1,200...... Then 750.00 but new in box
are going for 750 near me.

thanks! Kenny s

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
One thing to keep in mind the Norinco 556 mags are expensive and sometimes hard to find. They are the only mags that will work on it.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
You are most likely correct that it was an 84S that got George Bush the First at the port of entry, which is why the name was X'd out, since the model name per Bush1 was evil. The NHM-90 also had that different style stock set in the picture, although obviously the one in the picture has been painted. Another item the NHMs has was that tube that was threaded onto the barrel and then tack welded to the front sight. Such a shame that those tack welds break and the tube can be unthreaded. ;)

$750 seems to be the going rate for one in excellent to new condition, and yes, 84S mags aren't easy to come by and usually pretty expensive.

Still, the 84S and it's Bush1 versions BWK-92, NHM-90 and MAK90 were all among the most accurate of the AK family and very nice rifles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts