AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from a new fan.

I just picked up an AK-47 at a gun show and had some questions/comments that I?m sure the experts here can help with. Anyway I purchased a Romanian wasr10 which I believe is imported and modified by ?Century?. I paid $319 out the door. With the rifle included were;
? two- 30 round mags (one looks used)
? leather sling (which I?m trying to figure out how it will fit)
? cleaning kit,
? bayonet (which also I can?t figure how it attaches)
? A canister?

First the comments; Overall the gun looks ok although I am surprised at it?s simplicity in design and rather generous tolerances. But I guess that explains its ease of use, low cost and most important its ability to take abuse and still work.

Upon getting it home I took it apart and thoroughly degreased and lubed it. I sanded the sharp edges left when they machined the receiver to accept the magazines. I also sanded the wood and gave it a light stain and spar varnish. When it comes to wood I like the stained shiny look.

Now to the questions which are puzzling me;

1) How is the front sight adjusted?
2) The gun came with a canister which looks like a small canteen with two necks. What could this be possibly be used for?
3) The bayonet it came with will not fit the rifle. It fits over the barrel but the end of the handle where the snap attachment is does not mate with the riffle?

Is there any other advice I should head before I shoot it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
First let me welcome you..
1. Sights adjust left to right for windage and up and down by screwing the front sight post up or down..An AK sight adjust tool will help and are cheap, but you can get away with not having one I've never owned one and have several AK's...
2. That's you're oiler...
3. The barrel should slid through the opening on the bayo and then slip around the "ears" on the bottom of the barrel....

You found a great place to ask questions so ask away... :grin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys and info on the site, it sure has a lot of great information available.

Looks like i'm missing the caps for the "oiler", oh well.

I'll have to check out the bayo mount you're referring to when i get home but I think perhaps i have a bayo for another style of rifle.

By the way, when I purchased the rifle the guy pointed out that it had a "G-2" trigger which he claimed was better than the others which didn't have any markings. Is this trigger made differently from others?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
No the G2 trigger is just a good US made Fire control group...I've got one in a AK 74 and love it....Stock up on some mags and ammo and have a blast!!! Pun intended... :wink:

ETA: As long as they make CLP in a can the oiler that comes with em is about useless...

Here's one with bayo..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jicky;

Thanks for the input. By the looks of the photo I can see how the bayonet should mount and it looks like what I have is for a different style of rifle.

The bayonet I have has the "engagment detent" in the end of the handle not the top like yours. Looks like mine would move back and engage into or onto a notch of some kind.

No big deal, i'll sharpen it and have a nice knife.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts