AK Rifles banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, an AK found me. My first gun, found during a remodel in the attic of the house I bought. 1994 MAK-90. Still haven't fired her yet, and I don't think the previous owner did much, either.

Also shown is some black Russian furniture I picked up. Not quite sure what I want to do.

Hope to learn quite a bit here.

Nice Find!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
A Pair of AK-47s

NPAP w WASR.JPG

I've been collecting firearms around 40 years. I own a couple of AR-15s, about a dozen other rifles and shotguns. But no AK-47s until last month. I've been reading through your forum and found it to be interesting. An old friend bought a Romanian GP WASR - 10/63 Serial Number GH 2419-64. Which tells me that it's an older gal from 1963. But with great wood, in great shape and Cosmoline in spots.

He'd bought it at a LGS, but then found a better deal at a Gun Show on a New In Box Century Arms Serbian "Yugo" M70 NPAP AK-47. So he decides to sell the WASR and offers me first chance for $350., which I jump on. Then after some negotiating he gets a deal at Palmetto State Armory on an AK Pistol with a side folding stock.

After a basketball game I'm at his house and he offers me first dibs on the Yugo. He makes a point of showing the cash to his wife, probably needed to soothe her concerns over his recent spat of firearms purchases. I'm not complaining, the Yugo was $550, with 3, 30 round mags and a carry bag.

Being an older gentlemen, I'm adding a Midwest Industries AK Railed Scope Mount to the WASR and an RS AKR 1913 Picatinny Rail on a RS AK 307m Modular Mount on the Yugo. I already have an Aimpoint and Vortex Optics available.

Any observations or recommendations would be appreciated.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMG_20180314_111959_531.jpg
Hey, just starting to get into ak's. Here is my small collection I have so far: Arsenal Slr-104FR, Vepr Fm-ak47-11, Sam7UF, and Slr-107ur that needs to be cut down really bad. just sent out my form 1 for it about a month ago, so still have 100 and half years before I get it back:(. Needing to put wood on all these guns too bad, just havent gotten around to it.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts