AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am searching for some help with a rebuild of an Ak I was given for free. From what I understand, this rifle is possibly a WASR 3 5.56 rifle. Now I know the WASR 3 hasn't had the best reputation but, since I got this for nothing I thought I might
at least attempt to bring the rifle back to functioning codition. I have some photos listed here. Any input as to what I may need to finish this, and what parts may also be compatible, to websites that will provide these parts would be awesome. Thank you all for your time!

Attachments

·
Technical Advisor
15,453 Posts
Missing the bolt, carrier, recoil assembly, top cover, gas tube.

The bolt and carrier are going to be a challenge.
The Romanian 5.56 are unique.
The rest of the parts are readily available from AKM tyoe rifles.
Romanian, Polish etc.

Best to try to source the bolt and carrier first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the Bulgarian and Romanian bolts are different. I am assuming this applies to the recoil assembly, top cover, and gas tube as well?

·
Technical Advisor
15,453 Posts
The bolt and carrier differ.
The other parts willexchange., though an AK74 Bulgarian gas tube is a little different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
To be honest I dont have a clue. A lady gave it to me like this as a gift when I helped her set up her shooting range. She said her son had it apart and it had some issues. My guess is the simple feeding and ejecting issues with these rifles. I may wonder back over there and ask if she has them. I did have the rest of the rifle checked out by a gunsmith and it was deemed operable (i.e good lower, trigger group, and barrel). Keeping my fingers crossed that she some how still has the parts!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I can’t believe anybody in their right mind throws away parts like that.

Ask her if you can look in the garage or wherever the son has his work bench. Probably stuck on a shelf or in a box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts